Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oh. It is Sunday.

Hmm. Not sure how that happened. All my days have been catywampus lately.

Good Stuff:
- Made it upstate with another load after a 2-day turn-around. Lucky I'd already gotten a head start on the packing.
- Made it to fencing before I left, and boy, I needed to blow off some steam. I've realized that, while I get more done under stress, I tend to get wound up tighter than a watch spring, and I don't have many good outlets. Luckily, I warned my instructor ahead of time, and we had a no-holds-barred bout for the best part of an hour. I'm bruised and more relaxed.
- It's been clear and sunny here. Quite a change. It's been rainy my last couple times. I finally got up to the roof  to take pictures of the lights tonight. I posted one on Facebook. The scotch in the picture is gone.
- We checked out a Presbyterian church not far from here. It's very pretty and I liked the service. The band is totally not what I'm used to--cello, violin, keyboard, guitar, banjo, and accordion. Apparently, not all the musicians are there every week because the bulletin listed the musicians "today." Not sure where my niche will be there, but it's not something I'm going to concern myself with for a few months.
- We went to Ikea this afternoon to buy my new desk. It's more or less a table with a keyboard tray, but the price was right and it will prevent me from having to move the big heavy desk I have downstate. It will also be easy to move when we move out of here, whenever that is.
- I have scotch upstate and whiskey downstate. Moving is easier with alcohol. Wish I'd learned that years ago.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Words haven't been coming as easily the last few days, for what I'm sure are obvious reasons. I'm officially behind in Nano. Looks like I'll be working on my birthday unless I buckle down this week.
- I bought some herbal stuff for the cats to help with the stress. That was a no go. They wouldn't touch it, even when I put chicken in it. Luckily, I found the pheromone atomizers on Amazon and ordered them in time to get there before I had to leave again. Hopefully it's helping.
- Vicky's landlord doesn't want to let them out of their lease until it ends in May. They're going to try to find someone to sublet their house so they can move as planned, but it's all up in the air right now. Worst case scenario is the house will be empty for a few months and we won't have help with the mortgage. We can manage it but it would be better if we didn't have to. We do have good neighbors who will keep an eye on things, and I'm sure Justin will keep the lawn mowed. Not that it will need much more mowing this year.
- I'm sure it goes without saying that traffic is insane here. It's like drivin g in Italy without the hand gestures, although I've been tempted to teach some. :-) On the upside, when I was driving in yesterday, I passed Santa Claus. He was driving a silver sedan on I-90 W, not far from The Loop.  (That's downtown. I have to pass through it to get here.) He was good and didn't make me wish they did hand gestures here.

So that's about it here. I'm about done for the night except for logging word count. How are y'all?

2 comments:

SBB said...

Scotch and moving ... I've made a note of that. :)

Sounds like you've been BUSY. Hope you get a few moments to yourself. Quiet times are good.

I would not like that traffic.

Hope your cats are calmer. Animals just don't understand what the new normal will be, and there's no way to tell them. Of course, I'm sure you're ready for your new normal, too.

Tammy Jones said...

It mostly sounds pretty great, Wendy! I'm confident your daughter will find someone to sublet (or maybe you could offer the house for a short term lease - have you looked into renting to business/executive travelers who need to stay somewhere for a couple of weeks and don't want a hotel?).

Cats DO adjust. They just don't tend to be happy about it. ;)

Good to know about the alcohol. Maybe I should take up drinking after all!!

SUPER YAY for the workout! I love how working out blows away stress. {{hugs}}

Post a Comment