Friday, November 15, 2013

The Devil Went Down To Georgia

And I stayed here in Texas, all out of bandwidth.  Being retired, I sometimes lose track of days and time, but I lost last weekend for posting.  I missed the updates in email, thinking I'd seen them all on the Air down in San Antonio, I just marked them all as read, and that kept me from getting grounded in this week right away on Monday night. Chiming in early to balance the two weeks. For the last two weeks:

The Good Stuff:
  • Even though I was inordinately grumpy at Wurstfest when I couldn't find anything I wanted to do after Mr. L finished playing, he took me home.  Or rather, he took me to Timbo's, which brightened both my mood and the mood of our favorite waitress, Barb (she's the only waitress there -- if she's off, the owner is the server, and he's not the reason we go to his place).
  • We finally got a tree all the way down in the driveway in SA.  One of many, but one is good.
  • Mr. L declared the bathtub drain complete, so we've been taking showers in SA again.  Yay.  
  • Kitten shall be called Daphne.
  • NaNo is going well.
  • I found a nifty poll plug in for WordPress (WP-Polls) which will do most of what I want to do.  I can't embed a link into an email, though, so I'm still looking.
  • Mr. L installed our new medicine cabinet yesterday.  Much nicer and roomier than the chintzy, poor quality one the previous owners had installed.  
  • My brother's retirement ceremony from the Army is at the end of this month.  Thankful his family won't have to worry about him being deployed anymore.
  • Property taxes half paid.
  • Bought and hung insulated curtains in the room intended to be a bathroom on the northwest corner of upstairs -- no more chilly breeze emanating from the room.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I'm not getting enough exercise. Weight is about the same, but clothes are fitting tighter.  Should I blame NaNo?
  • No decluttering done.
The Week Ahead:
  • Have I mentioned I need to declutter?
  • I need to listen to Module 5 of PLF
  • I still have some PLF homework to complete.  I'm having difficulty analyzing my audience.  Other than Stephen.  Stephen is my audience. This is good, but I'd like to expand that a touch.
  • Despite the chill, I believe I need to mow the lawn again this weekend.
  • Mr. L is taking me to a gun show on Saturday.  We need brass.
  • Finish NaNo this week.
  • Use the remainder of the month to assess my various writing projects and put together a schedule for revising them for public consumption.

5 comments:

SBB said...

I am a GREAT audience! Great! :)

Have you been using a bunch of brass? What exactly have y'all been doing on those trips?

Btw, I am posting with a nook. I find it more difficult than a regular keyboard. Much more difficult. My fingers are too big for the keys on the screen.


Jean said...

No, we haven't been using a bunch of brass, but a friend of ours reloads, and we need to give him so he can load some up for us.

We do need to spend some time at the range. We don't shoot often enough.

Will the nook do Bluetooth? If so, do you have a Bluetooth keyboard? That might be easier, but I hear you on the tiny keyboards and fingers. I do pretty well on the iPhone, but it's a pain.

Jean said...

We had a fruitful trip to the gunshow today. For once, we enjoyed ourselves. I was thrilled to find reloading dies, brass, bullets, powder, and primers for my Italian 6.5mm Carcano (World War II vintage). The guy was nice enough to include some .45 ACP brass Mr L wanted for free.

Then we went to a flea market we haven't been to in quite a while, and I found a pair of black military rubber overshoes for $5. Mr. L found a Rayo lamp for a dollar and a timing light for the Jeep for $10.

Tammy Jones said...

Jean, out of all of that stuff, I have to say:

OMG SUPER FREAKING CONGRATULATIONS on being able to SHOWER In SA!!

Freaking cool. Showers ROCK!!

{{hugs}}

Jean said...

Grin. Yeah. It's been like a year of sponge baths. Ugh!

Post a Comment