Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sail On Sailor

Last night my projected title rhymed with the one up there now.  In the light of morning and a new day, I'm going with this, more positive view on things.  But feelings are feelings, and I cannot deny that I feel as if I've been an utter and complete failure in every aspect of my life lately.  Intellectually, of course, I know that's nowhere near the truth.  I have a tendency to let little negatives build in my mind into major mountains (or crevasses if you choose to look at it from that perspective).  I dislike that I need to remind myself how wonderfully blessed I am in nearly all aspects of my life.   I am so thankful God has not seen fit to remind me in incredibly personal ways just how good I've had it.  So far, I can see it in the lives of so many others in the world.  And I do thank Him regularly for my multitude of blessings across the full spectrum of life. In no particular order (we're experiencing a cold spell, so the first is foremost in my mind at the moment):

I have a warm, cozy home (two, actually), and other properties to benefit from.
I have been able to provide a stable environment for ten gorgeous kitties (even though I'm frustrated by conflict between two of those kitties, I'm doing my best to resolve it).
I have a husband who is healthy, intelligent, and creative, who can do so many things well by himself.
That same husband loves me unbelievably and strives to provide so well for me.
I have wonderfully supportive friends.
I'm able to help others both financially and with my time periodically.
I have way more things than I need.
I can make time to pursue my dream of writing professionally.
I have the luxury of being debt-free, and have been that way since 1999.
Both my parents are alive and reasonably well (both have significant health issues, but they are doing well for now).
My siblings are all good, morally sound people.
My nieces and nephews are maturing at different rates, but the young adults are pulling their lives together and working toward their future.  The teenagers are progressing well.
My stepdaughters are remarkably resilient.
My granddaughters, like my nieces and nephews, are beginning to make their way in the world.

I have been blessed with so much.  I can relate the things, but there are things money cannot buy which enrich my life as well.  I think my angst stems from the knowledge that much of it is very tenuous and can be snatched away at any time from any variety of directions. 

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours.  I know you are all blessed in many ways.  May you find health, happiness, and prosperity throughout this holiday season.  Make time to savor the  wondrousness of things as you push through the busyness.  I love and cherish each of you.

2 comments:

SBB said...

I have suffered from the moment I read this. End my torment: what rhymes with Sail On Sailor? I can't figure it out. I had out my rhyming dictionary and opened Rhymezone on my computer, but no go. The best I could come up with is: Dwell Lawn, Baylor -- which doesn't make much sense. Did you see or hear about OSU beating Baylor yesterday? The TV announcer said OSU gave Baylor a "spanking." Which sounds naughty and don't try to imagine all the OSU players in a locker room spanking the Baylor players' behinds; it's just too weird.

Anyway ... you're not a failure. Your head knows that, but apparently your heart isn't listening to reason. I think the black dog has latched onto your ankle, and that cur needs to be dropped off at the outskirts of your town and sent yelping along its way.

I know you know this, but listen: You're my friend. You're awesome. You bring light into the life of your friends and family. You're a good writer. You're a good person. The cats are plotting to take your money. You're kind. You're caring. You're AWESOME!

In my thankfuls this month, you're on my list. I'm glad I met you, and you're willing to put up with me.

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear AWESOME friend. Love you bunches!

Jean said...

I did read about the OSU spanking of Baylor. Yay! I did not need that locker room image in my mind. You have repaid me for the rhyming torment, which you clearly made up, since I openly hinted at my rhyming word in the body of my message.

I have a very unreasonable heart. Sigh.

Thank you for your very kind and generous adulatory words. They are most welcome at this time. Maybe it's that cats plotting to take my money thing that's really nagging at me. Not only do they want my breath, they want my money, too.

Post a Comment