Saturday, February 1, 2014

Coming Around Again

Yep.  Just like clockwork, Saturday is here again.  We also seem go be on an interesting temperature rotation down here.  It rotates from freezing to 70s to freezing to 70s this will be the third week of it kicking off now.  I'm not complaining.  Just observing.  It's strange.

January is in the books, and this week was reasonably productive -- could have been better.  Could have been a lot worse.  I got the rest of the CDs boxed up, then, to have an easy inventory of sorts, I took pictures of all the spines.  Then I compared the pictures to my iTunes library and discovered I have over 160 CDs to copy onto the hard drive yet.  Oh. My.  That will take a few weekends out of my life.

Natasha and Daphne came through their respective procedures just fine but got to spend an extra day at the clinic when they were closed for ice. Natasha got to keep all her teeth. Floyd came through his annual exam with flying colors, weighing in at just over 13 pounds. Ajax is set for his dental procedure next week.  When I go to pick him up, Lady and Tarzan will accompany me for their annual exams and shots.  We'll continue the discussion about Lady's behavior issues.

I finished the beta of Holly's Worldbuilding Clinic videos and video worksheets this week.  Based upon the frustrations I experienced getting simple five minute videos downloaded and viewed, I investigated whether I could upgrade my high speed internet connection.  The existing connection is 1.5Mbps -- the fastest I could get in this town in 2008 when I set up the service.  I can now get 6Mbps if I get ATTs U-Verse service.  Bundling the phone with that, I can get it all for $40 a month for twelve months and $71plus taxes, fees, etc. after that, which will put it close to the current $95 a month I'm paying.  For quadruple the speed of the service.  They install on Feb 10th, so I hope all goes well.  (I could do a self-install for the internet but the phone requires a service technician and supposedly 4 hours!  I cannot imagine.)

Got a few half short stories started this week.  A couple have possibilities.  I signed up for the A-Z Challenge in April, and these short stories are going to be posted for that, with one being used as a preview for my Fiction Club members.  The next issue is slated for March 1, and I want to provide a sneak peek for everyone.

Discovered some issues with the mobile aspect of my website, and I think I've fixed that -- I had a dumb setting selecting in my theme.

I got more shredding done.  I think I'm down to one and a half boxes of paper to shred.

Sneaky was inside for the early part of the week, and we're making progress at getting her comfortable with the idea of inside.  She went out the door under her own power on Wednesday morning.  She's still fearful of the door, but she's been sitting at the door and crying until I open it, then she runs.  Yesterday, I managed to open the door slowly enough so she didn't run, and she came back about half way when I opened the screen door, but she's not quite ready yet.  We'll keep working.  I don't think it will take long before she figures out how to use the door.

Finished the Lift Eating Mindfully program, and I'm rolling into the second month of the program.  I lost nine pounds in January and at least one inch off my waist (I didn't measure until about a week and a half into the program).  I have a total goal of where I am today of losing 100 pounds and 15 inches off my waist.  This will not happen rapidly, and I think January's results are on the high side of what is reasonable to expect, but I'm more than pleased.

I expected to get more revision done this week, but I guess expecting doesn't make it happen.

The week ahead:
  • Ajax, Lady, and Tarzan to the vet.
  • Write and revise
  • Declutter and shred
  • Prepare for another cold snap
  • Continue eating mindfully, continue looking for rewarding techniques
  • Time to pay the bills
  • Begin compiling a "best of" collection from the blogs


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a good week! Yeah for the weight loss! I kinda think it's better to lose slower. Unless the changes are radical and immediate, I think it helps keep the weight off. I'm considering 10 lb increments (10 lbs being about the amount of weight it takes to change sizes). Also yeah for the shredding, and faster internet speed.

Jeez, I can't even imagine keeping up with vet bills for your herd. It seems like you're always taking someone to the vet. Personally, I'd rather have two mammograms than take my cats to the vet! Yours must cage easier than mine.

I might need to look into the mindful eating techniques. I've been grazing an awful lot since I've been hunkered down in the apartment. Hoping the weather breaks soon so I can get out more without having to suit up like the Michelin Man!

Wendy said...

FWIW, I almost hit Sign Out instead of Publish. Good thing the Publish button is blue. Why do we even have a sign out button there? Seems an odd place.

Jean said...

Apparently, the Sign out button is mandatory and unmovable from Blogger. I don't like it. I almost always hit it, and I have hit it at least twice. I find it hugely annoying.

I think "Veterinarian" is the largest slice on my credit card pie chart. I pay it every month, but, yeah. With ten cats, that's at least one a month, but they seem to have gotten bunched up from November to February, with Sneaky in May. That saves the summer and fall for boarding and Revolution purchases. So, it's always something. Rossie is my tough one to cage, only because I have to drag her out from under the dresser. Ruby is the next toughest one. The rest, if I can get them locked into the parlor and kitchen, they are pretty easy to catch.

Post a Comment