Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm gonna be really early. I think. ;)

Glad this week's done.

I finished revisions to MORGAN'S RUN. Overall, it was very easy, except for one scene. I fought the darn thing for three days. One little thousand word scene. Stress galore. I know that sounds silly, stressing out over a measly thousand words, but I did.

It's done now. I don't like it - I loved the initial version - but it was, as far as I can tell, the best solution to the problem my agent had with the scene. Not sure when she'll get back to me on it, probably sometime next month, but it's done and I can move on to other things.

I admit to eating far too much to cope while stressing over the scene, and I got virtually no sleep, but I've slept quite a lot the past two days and have eaten comparatively little, so maybe things will even out. My weigh in is Saturday morning and I fear it'll be ugly.

We had a February blizzard this week which ended up being more of a February slush storm. I spent a good hunk of today shoveling ice. It was very heavy and tiring.

Things here are pretty much the same otherwise. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and an even better next week! {{hugs}}

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hope all went well yesterday. If not, you can still do it. A rough week does not dictate the rest of your life (thank goodness for that!). Under the mindfulness approach, I look at the situation that just happened and plan a more realistic positive approach for handling it in the future -- not the "if everything were ideal approach," but a "how can I do just a little more what I'd like to do to get closer to ideal" approach. (For me, this works a little better than foolishly insisting I be perfect. You approach may be different for your needs.)

Post a Comment