Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's a smidge better than it was. Maybe. I guess.

Hey, everyone. Things here are still things. I am still blue. Diet is meh - I was down a pound this week, but probably didn't deserve it. Mutinous Cyst is still mutinying. Writing is still sorta stalled.

Meh.

I have written one little SLIPPAGE scene - about 2 pages long - so that's something.

I've received edits from my agent for MORGAN'S RUN, which is great, but I'm unnaturally slow going through them. I just can't seem to find brain focus. So far, all are merely line edits and little clarifications, except for one particular scene. Not sure how to fix it, yet, so I'm letting it stew.

I offered to go to Chicago to meet up w/ agent during an upcoming conference she'll be at and she was not really interested. I mean, she was accommodating, more 'okay, if you insist on coming, I guess I'll find time to see you,' not 'Sure! Sounds cool! I'd love to meet up!' Maybe it's a waste of time and money, I dunno, and it's not like we have a pile of business to discuss. Either way, we can't afford it unless something's sold by then so I probably won't get to go anyway.

Sewing machine is still screwed up. I have little hope for improvement there until a book sells, frankly. A couple of people have offered to loan or give me their sewing machines. I'm considering it, to help me stay sane, if nothing else.

Laura's been working a lot which means I've been babysitting a lot which means I'm tired. lol

That's pretty much it for me, I guess. A whole lotta 'meh'. {{hugs}} and have a happy week.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Tired probably ties in with most of the other "meh" stuff. Also, perhaps worry about the mutinous cyst plays a part as well. {{{hugs}}}

Tammy Jones said...

Probably. And worry over the books. {{hugs}}

Wendy said...

If you do come to Chicago to meet with the agent, let me know. I have a guest room. Whether it's convenient to the conference I don't know, but if nothing else, *I* would meet up with you, and it wouldn't be any trouble at all!

SBB said...

Sorry for your "meh." :( One day when you're famous and rich, that agent will BEG for your time. :)

Post a Comment