Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kickin'

I headed to College Station yesterday to hang out with my brother and his family.  Their daughter was participating in the Olympic Development Program Soccer event held there this weekend with the Oklahoma Select team.  She plays the goalie position, and she's pretty good.  Mr. L and I headed back today to watch her third and final game for the weekend.  Having a life really cuts into productivity around the house.  I guess I'll quit doing that for a while. 

Ajax came through his dental work just fine.  Tarzan is a healthy kitty, and Daphne is back to being an active, bright eyed kitten again -- Thank, God!  Lady is healthy as far as we can tell, but something is clearly bothering her.  Dr. Val is researching appropriate treatments to deal with her aggressiveness, with her preferred choice being a well known fibromylalgia medication -- assuming it can be safely given to cats and it is thought to be effective for cats.  If that won't work, she has a few other ideas.

Lady has gotten along quite well with the cats she's interacted with over the last couple of days.  Mr. L suggests we try exposing her and Rossie to one another with supervision about every ten days to see how things go.  Since my last experiment was ten days ago, we'll try again tomorrow.  Rossie's confidence seems to have grown, and we think that will help with the experiment.  She didn't regress last time, and we think if we continue to leave a time span between experiences, we may eventually find an acceptable point that will allow them to live peacefully together.  We hope, anyway.

I had a mixed bag writing, no progress on revising novels, but I did work on some shorter stuff.

While we were in College Station, we picked up some groceries and used $24 in coupons  -- thanks to some coupon clipping Mr. L did down in San Antonio while he was there.

We're nearly halfway through February.  How did that happen?

I've been forgetting to take some of my photos with meals -- usually the ending photo.  I'm trying to figure out what to make of it, but I do think the process has served me well.  Many of our meals are repetitive, so I've made most of the adjustments I intend to make in them for now.  The key of course, is to take a look at the meal and decide if there's anything I don't want from it.  I also want to taste and evaluate it for whether it's worth my time and effort and whether I like it enough to not only eat it this time but to eat it again.  I've been doing a pretty good job of doing that.  The other aspect the photos were helping with was timing, which is why the final photo is important.  The time stamps gives me the total time it took me to eat, and I can decide if that was reasonable or too fast.  (So far, too slow hasn't been a problem.)  If I forget to take the final photo, that piece of data is missing.  I'm also more aware of whether I'm hungry or not and when I'm likely to get hungry, so I can do better at only eating when I'm hungry.  I think I still need more work in this area, and I'm trying to decide what the best way to handle that might be -- short of the recommended process of making a note of it.  I just haven't done a good job of doing that.

Bills are paid and shredding is caught up.  Yay for that!

Sneaky has been hiding from us since we released her yesterday.  I'm sure she's fine, but I do worry.

The week ahead:
  • Write and revise
  • Hope all goes well with the internet upgrade tomorrow
  • Declutter
  • Lots of rain predicted for this week and chilly weather, but I need to find a window to begin trimming crape myrtles

No comments:

Post a Comment