Saturday, February 22, 2014

looking up

Not much, really, to report this week. The only thing of note I did, apart from baking a batch of scones, was visit the associate pastor at our new church. I was hoping he could point me in a direction so I can get out of this gray haze surrounding me. Instead, we uncovered some deeper issues. Lucky for me, the church also has a counseling ministry, and the counselor gets paid by the church, not her clients. My first visit is in two weeks. Can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but having been around that block a couple times I know it will be for the best.

Oh, we did have more excitement with the roof leak. It stopped most of Sunday. Not surprising since the maintenance guy cleared most of the water, and what was up there froze again. What was surprising was that it started again Monday night. I woke up about 2 and heard it dripping. Tuesday morning I found water dripping out of two more pot lights, one in front of the stove and the other over the sink, and the drywall around the air vent starting to discolor. The roofers got here a couple hours later. Once I figured out the spot on the roof that correlated to the leak in my kitchen (and almost locking myself outside on the balcony with no cell phone), they were able to clear enough snow and ice to find the weak spot. They swept as much of the water away from those spots as possible and used a roofing torch to dry and patch them. Yes, Stephen, it was cool to watch. We've been dry since then, although the drywall on the ceiling might need patching. At the very least it will need sealing and painting. Not my problem. Being a renter is quite liberating, I must say!

Y'all have a good week.

1 comment:

Jean said...

There are some very attractive aspects to renting -- especially when the property owner/manager is responsive. Even so, I hope you've seen the last of roof leak issues for quite a while.

I hope all goes well with the counseling. I'm so glad it's available to you.

Post a Comment