Saturday, August 9, 2014

Country Side of Life

I knew I was pressing my luck with visits to the ranch this year.  This week, on my fourth trip to the ranch this year, I must have lost focus while setting up the deer feeder, because I'm in the beginning stages of a poison ivy reaction setting in (intense itching) on my neck. Obviously, I brushed against the poison ivy with my hand then rubbed my neck -- probably to clear away sweat.  The only question remains is whether I have caught it in time, or will it get worse, requiring the usual trek to the doctor for a steroid treatment.

A mixed bag this week.  I spent all my writing time working on 129 Amselstrasse and am still not finished.  I did okay on yard work. The outside feeder has been cleaned and reprogrammed with fresh batteries.  The old batteries, even after a year and a half of daily use still had 1.4+V of power in them.

Big Gray (Walter?) walked into the trap several times and cleaned out the bait.  Without triggering it.  I have one more thing to try, and I figure I'll only get one chance, so I'm going to try it tomorrow night.  I'm going to use a wooden shingle resting on the trigger pad and baited with yummy Fancy Feast. I hope kitty will step on the shingle, and his weight will trigger the trap. I have to have the shingle far enough in so when the trap trips he won't be able to dash out before it locks closed.

I got a little done in preparation for the swap meet but not much.  There isn't much I can do.  Mr. L will have to do most of it. He needs my help with a few things, and he's not ready yet.

The Week Ahead:
  • Eye exam on Tuesday
  • Week in San Antonio
  • Finish 129 Amselstrasse
  • Think of new poem title
  • Fend off poison ivy attack
  • Try to think...
I'm so glad the surgery went well for you, Tammy.


No comments:

Post a Comment