Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Load Out

Everything seems like too much effort this week.  Mr. L shared his cold with me that he got while in Dallas.  He didn't like it much either, and he said by sharing it, it didn't lessen the effect any for him either.   Despite all that, he got a lot done this week while I was out of town, so kudos to him.  Me?  I rested. And watered. At least the poison ivy didn't spread from beyond where it was on Monday morning.  It even receded incrementally. Generic Benadryl and Mucinex have been my friend all week.

I got the yard watered; however, after three weeks of me not being there and no rain projected, I anticipate it will be quite crunchy when I return to San Antonio in September.

Walter (Big Gray) got trapped (he stepped on the shingle and tripped the trap) and taken the Dr Val who pronounced him healthy and took care of neutering and vaccinating him.  I think she took care of some ear mites and worms, too.  He came back to us a scared and healthy kitty.  When given the chance, he made sure the coast was clear and launched himself a good twenty feet straight off the side porch and disappeared under the house.  I've seen him at the feeder, so I know he's still around. Now, to figure out a way to earn his trust.

 My eyes were virtually unchanged from last year. A touch of astigmatism in my right eye -- a natural side effect of aging, the doc says.

129 Amselstrasse is now Quin and completed. Fog is now Melancholy. Blackbirds is now being proofed.  I plan to sign the contract tomorrow. It should be sitting in the printer now, but I haven't been upstairs since I sent it there.

I got about two hours of work each done on Polar Bear on the Loose and Kitty City.

The Week Ahead:
  • I hope the brain fog clears
  • Finish work on Blackbirds
  • Sign contract and return it to Stephen
  • Work on Polar Bear on the Loose and Kitty City
  • Help Mr. L get ready for the swap meet


No comments:

Post a Comment