Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Interim

We had a good visit with my mom and aunt. We got to the Chicago Botanic Garden (best one I've seen yet), Navy Pier, and the ren faire. We were going to go to Millennium Park before they caught the train home yesterday, but the weather didn't cooperate. They're coming back, though.

So now I have a few days to remake the guest room and restock towels in the guest bath before Chad and Alex come next weekend. We're doing the ren faire one last time (Alex hasn't been yet, and Chad wants to go again), and then the guys are going to build a computer for Alex.

We've been approved to move next-door. The downside is we have 24 hours to move, sometime between Sept 17 and 27, and both weekends are shot during that window. Not sure how we're going to do it. Eric has asked if that 24 hour window might be a little more flexible and I don't know if he's gotten an answer yet. I'll start packing again after the guys leave next week, I guess. I'm still wrapping my head around it.

That's about it. After 5 days of company my brain is frazzled. Nothing new there. As the brain fog lifts I'll be able to get back to writing and organizing my life for the next couple of months. I got approval to come for the Ada Blackbirds signing, so hopefully we'll have a firm date for that soon so I can get cheap air fare. Believe it or not, it's less expensive and faster to get a cheap seat on Southwest Airlines than to take the train.

I'm not going to bother making goals for the week. There are too many variables. Hopefully we'll be back to our regularly scheduled routine soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment