Saturday, August 16, 2014

Unexpected quiet

I thought I would be at the Ren Faire right now, but our friend couldn't come after all. It might be for the best. It's supposed to be hotter today. Tomorrow afternoon will be much nicer, and Eric and I can go on our own.

We've all been talking so much on Facebook lately there isn't much new to say. There was the drama downstate. Apparently I was wrong to tell Alex to change the locks before the ex's lease was officially up. (It was over yesterday according to our new agreement.) He went to get the rest of his stuff Wednesday evening, and no one was home to let him in. So he called the cops, then called me, and then he broke in through an open window. I got a hold of Alex, who went straight home and supervised the removal of the rest of his stuff. Or, at least, that's what the ex told the cop--that he had everything. The cop told him he needed to coordinate with the residents if he forgot anything. He did take my first grandcat (Jeli) but the kids say that may have been for the best. She wasn't getting along with the other cats who live there now. I'm not thinking about her being all alone with him. And his girlfriend. And her dogs. I hope she pees in his bathtub for the rest of her life. For right now, it looks like it's over. I told the kids to hold onto the things he left behind for a little while, and then they could do what they want with it. Eric suggested they donate it all to Good Will. If he decides he wants something, he can go there and buy it back. I think Vicky was leaning toward burning it at Alex's girlfriend's farm. 

So that's about it. I'm glad to see Blackbirds coming together so quickly. We've got a good collection. This week I really need to get some work done on Willow before my mom gets here Thursday. Next weekend is already packed full of touristy stuff. If you need anything from me, get it before Thursday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment