Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lookin for A Girl Like You

I just like the title. Not much productivity this week. Mr. L's tooth is fixed, new lenses are ordered (after a second call and talking to the office manager), yard work is done for the week, looked at domain strategy, did some PBOTL type-in, picked up Lady and Floyd and blogged about that elsewhere, and worked with imagery for a logo on Monday but got derailed.

I've picked images, cropped them, but I'm having trouble working with GIMP to get them merged. It's all about my not knowing how to work GIMP to my advantage. I haven't done too much with the auto-responder thing for Ada Writers yet.

I did get a tip about a guy named Neil Patel who claims to be able to increase blog traffic, and I studied some of his guidance and made a few changes to the blog to try to increase average daily traffic to equal my average peak traffic.  It'd be great to blow right by that in numbers, but for now, I'm trying a few things.  Check the Blog at quicksprouts.com if you're interested.  A lot of it is SEO stuff.

I'm thinking of doing a regular blog post about things I've looked up during the week, and I'm looking for a pithy title. "Searching for A Link Like You" is too long.  This post will replace my Tuesday Current Focus on the Philosophical Meanderings Blog.  I'm looking for a topic to blog about regularly on Wednesday's at RandR.  I think filling in that day will keep traffic to my site more even.

We don't know where Sneaky is.  We don't know if she's coming back. Walter is fine. 

The Week Ahead:
  • Mr. L just wants a quick trip to San Antonio this week with us going down one day and coming back the next.  He'll get his new lenses, and I'll mow the lawn.
  • He's planning the PA trip.  I'm dreading it -- as usual. I don't know why I resist this trip so much. Many people wish they could take half the trip this is even once.
  • Pulling together stuff to take on the trip. 
  • Keep working on PBOTL
I hope the retreat and moving went well, Wendy. 


2 comments:

Jean said...

Mr L said to me this afternoon, "She'll come back if she's able to."

Jean said...

As you know, she came back. Haven't seen her since (we have been gone for three days). I think she's finding another place to be, but God answered my prayer to let me know she's okay. As with all things in life, I don't know what the future brings with Sneaky. I'll try not to worry, but I do.

Post a Comment