Monday, September 1, 2014

Plumb tuckered out

It's past noon. I'm dressed, but barely. I haven't put in contacts or bothered to brush my hair. Happy Labor Day! Oh, I do have a load of laundry going.

Alex and Chad left yesterday. I thought we'd have Alex until today, but he has stuff he needs to do, so I sent him off with a hug, his brand new computer, and left-over lasagna. He came to church with us before he left and that made me happy. I had to sing--I'd signed up last month thinking we wouldn't have any more company after Mom left--and it was great to see the two of them stumbling over the new song together, grinning and pointing at the words. I treasure those moments in my heart.

I've been working on Blackbirds this morning. Thanks, Stephen, for sending the PDF. This will allow me to read through it at a slower pace, and give it a quick read-through tomorrow when the book comes.

There are a bunch of things bouncing around in my head. Today will be mostly devoted to sorting them out and developing game plans. There's the move, of course, which should happen in a couple of weeks if we can nail down a date with the manager (we'll have 48 hours instead of 24), learning how to e-publish, and plans for the volunteer work I'm doing for our church's women's retreat next month. There isn't much I can do anytime soon for the book signing in Ada. I've done all I can for now. I even have a good idea of what I'm going to wear. :-)

I think it's time to get organized...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Tell me about it! We slept well last night. We're both a little out of sorts today and hoping that will settle down soon.

Post a Comment