Sunday, September 21, 2014

Worn out

It's been a week. The first half wasn't bad. Got some stuff done, mostly packing and such. We started moving Thursday at 4 on the dot. Three friends came to help us and we got about a third of it moved the first night. By the time I left Friday afternoon, we had our bedroom moved and Comcast had come to move the cable and internet over. Chad did make it, although I didn't see him, and I got a text from Eric yesterday at 11:15 saying they were done. He said Ryan and Tess were really stressed, between the move and mom disappearing, but they seem to be all right today. A realtor came by to show our former place at 2:30 yesterday and they put in an application, so we may have new neighbors soon.

The retreat went well. My storytelling Friday night went very well. The planning committee had asked for my help with an ice breaker, so I had everyone acting out parts of the last story. There are a half-dozen actual characters, if you count the dog and cat, and everyone else was recruited to be fairies. By the end, everyone was laughing, which was the goal. I was thanked all weekend for my stories, which was gratifying, and I hope I'll be asked back. My roommate said she wants to hire me to come tell Celtic Christmas stories for a holiday gathering, so there's some research to do.

Right now, I'm just glad to be home. There is hardly a spot in the whole place that doesn't need some work, but I'm not surrounded by talking women, so I'll take it! The retreat was fun, and I have a lot to think about and process, but dang those women got loud! It was a lovely center, though, with views of Lake Michigan and lots of trees and flowers, so I'm really glad I went. If nothing else, I didn't have to move the couch!

So I have four days to work on unpacking boxes and putting stuff away before we leave again to go downstate for the St Louis Scottish Games. We are supposed to meet Vicky's new boyfriend, too. We'll see if he passes muster. We could have a full-fledged gauntlet waiting for him if we tell all our clan friends! I'll let you know what happens.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I like the idea of a full-fledged gauntlet for the new guy. Test his mettle early. Then it's up to Vicky to decide if he's a keeper or not.

Post a Comment