Sunday, September 28, 2014

Successful weekend

We got home from St Louis an hour or so ago. Really good trip. I sold 22 copies of Blackbirds. I'm down to 8 spoken for and 5 spares, which probably won't come home from MI with me next week. I even sold one to a total stranger at the Games yesterday. Apparently, part of clinching the deal involves putting the book in their hand. I only had one person hand it back yesterday and he's from Clan McDonald, so a little grace has to be extended. He doesn't know better. ;-)

My kids came to the Games yesterday, too. Alex was in town, having seen the oral surgeon who took out Vicky's wisdom teeth to get his out. It was the consultation, and he'll get them out next month. We met the new BF, and he seems all right. He treats Vicky well, buys her trinkets, and makes her laugh, and it seemed important to her that we like him, so maybe we'll let him live. Just in case, though, I made it a point to reluctantly (on the grounds that it was hot) accept a challenge from my fencing instructor. He lit into me in front of the clan tents and I held my own for as long as we went, which wasn't nearly as long as it used to be. I think it was long enough to get my point made, though.

Oh! We were invited to go to Scotland with clan friends next summer. We're seriously considering taking them up on it. We've got the money put away and have been waiting for Eric to build up some vacation time, but for this he is willing to take unpaid leave.

We went to our old church today, where I was hornswaggled into singing (not that it took much persuasion). It was great to see everyone again, and one of my band sons might be moving to Chicago in a couple years, after he finishes his Associates. Maybe we'll still be here!

So that's pretty much the exciting part of my week. I've gotten a lot done in the apartment. The bad news is I leave again Thursday, this time for a few days in MI with my mom before it gets too cold to sit on the deck.

This week:
- Write something! Anything, for heaven's sake!
- Laundry.
- Pack. Again.
- Put away more stuff.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I hear you on the write something. Not doing well here in that regard either.

I'm glad the first impression of the the new boyfriend is hopeful.

Wendy said...

I haven't written anything but a few paragraphs in the best part of two weeks. It's starting to affect my mental state, and the strange dreams have started again. Pretty soon it might become a matter of national security. ;-)

Post a Comment