Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tail End Charlie

I wasn't trying to be a rebel by not posting on Saturday. I just wanted my info to be current, and Sunday is my weigh day, so I guess it's my posting day, too.

Writing is a mess. I wrote 3 days last week for 2,369 words. I did work on writing more than I wrote. I printed what I'm calling my manuscript and read through it, thinking I'd made a wrong turn somewhere. I didn't find anyplace I'd gotten off track so the only thing I can think is that I didn't make a wrong turn, I'm just not there yet. *sigh* On the plus side, after talking to Tammy last night, I shut off the internet and got some words in, so the numbers are better than they could have been.

Clutter: I'm making progress there. I got frustrated the other day and just started chunking stuff from the kitchen counters into a box for Good Will. Unlike you intrepid souls, I have never had much success with yard sales. It's easier for me to get a receipt for a tax deduction I may or may not be able to itemize. (As a side note, I heard a thumping noise yesterday, and it was a bag of Vicky's clothes bumping down the stairs. It's still on the landing so I guess I'm making a Good Will run this week.)

Health: I'm down a total of 10 pounds in the last month. I have several pairs of down-one-size jeans in my closet, and I'm able to wear a couple of them again. (That's nice since now I don't have to wash jeans as much to have clean clothes for work.) Overall, my diet is healthier, and I find I don't want sugar as much as I did. I went to the gym 3 times last week, twice for yoga class (no injuries) and once to walk. I have learned something about exercise this year. For a workout to be effective, it must be at least 30 minutes, and at least half of those 30 minutes must suck. The more they suck, the better.

Misc: My cats seem to be getting along better with the grandcat. We haven't had any major altercations, but they're hissing at her less are sometimes grudgingly playing with her. They have all wanted more attention this week, usually when I'm in the middle of something. Like right now. Chloe is having a crisis. On the human side, everyone seems to be doing all right. Eric has recovered from a week-long training in Chicago (16 hour days studying) to add a Microsoft certification to his Cisco certification. (Yes, he is certifiable.) Vicky is valiantly battling senior-itis, and I haven't talked to Alex in 8 days, so everything there must be fine.

6 comments:

Jean said...

I was delighted to see you choose a different day for posting.

We're all bunched up on Saturday (but that's better than not being here at all, so, Stephen and Tammy, don't let this comment discourage you!).

Doesn't it feel good to get into the next size smaller jeans? In my case, it's only my carpenter jeans, but the rest will come.

Well, of course Eric is certifiable! That's one reason why you keep him.

I enjoy the yard sales, but I make it a point to make regular stops at Goodwill when I'm in San Antonio, too. If I didn't enjoy the yard sale, I wouldn't do it. Like Stephen, I enjoy talking to the people who stop by.

I thought I was eating too much in the afternoon, but when I checked on it, it turned out to be what amounted to a 300 calorie snack -- which some gurus advocate. (Before WW, the "snack" would have been half a can of Deluxe Mixed Nuts. With WW, it's a single serving of nuts and a bag of the WW Cheddar Twists with a Pepsi Max.)

Tammy Jones said...

"For a workout to be effective, it must be at least 30 minutes, and at least half of those 30 minutes must suck."

Maaaan, I'm doomed, then. My Wii exercise routines are just 20 minutes and they're not very sucky. Sweaty, but not sucky. ;)

Keep up with the book, hon. Just one word at a time will get it done. You can totally do this!! {{huggs}}

Wendy said...

Jean, aren't the Cheddar Twists great? Love those. The Dijon Pretzel Thins are really good, too, if you like pretzels with mustard.

Thanks, Tammy, you're a great cheerleader! {{hugs}}

SBB said...

Wendy, sounds like you're moving forward. That's great.

All my exercise sucks, though, so it must be majorly effective or perhaps I simply have a low suckiness threshold.

Jean said...

While I believe my exercise would be more effective it I worked out longer and harder (well, to the point where my knees said, "No way!" -- which is at about where what I do now is), I believe the exercise that's effective is the exercise you do.

So, no, Tammy, you aren't doomed. Yay, Stephen, for sticking with the exercise even though it sucks.

Oh, the Cheddar Twists are great! I'm not a fan of mustard, so I've been avoiding the Dijon Pretzel Thins (but I'll bet they spice up a pretzel). Have you tried the Cappuccino Cream melts? Not bad. I wouldn't have gotten them by themselves, but the Fruities are cheaper per box if you buy the variety pack.

Wendy said...

Cappuccino Cream Melts? No! They don't have those at the local WW store. Looks like I'll have to go online sometime soon.

Post a Comment