Sunday, July 29, 2012

Howdy

Well, tomorrow is my birthday, and I nearly didn't post, figuring I could be lazy. No? Okay.

Good things last week:
- Swam four or five times.
- My roomie's grandson Michael spend Thursday-Saturday with us. He's quite a handful. Smart, funny, and so so so energetic. I was exhausted at the end of each day.
- Attended the writers group meeting Saturday morning.
- Worked on Secret of the Pack Rat's Nest. It's close to being published. I will be excited to have it finished and out there. It should be on sale in August.
- Worked on On Target: Devotions for Modern Life. Did a lot on this. The author met with me both Wednesday and Thursday. He has a proof copy in his hands now. Don't know if we'll met the September publication date or not, but I'm hopeful.
- Speaking of authors, got paid again. Another two bills and a third of another. Woohoo!
- Household chores, etc.

Bad things last week:
- Wanted to argue with a writers group member. He made me so angry that I had to leave the room for a moment.
- Another author wanted me to publish his book for free. Share in the royalties. And the book -- oh oh oh -- is majorly bad. It's Christian thriller, but that's an insult to Christian fiction. The bad guys are: gay, witches, Democrats, climate change scientists, feminists (including women who choose to work outside the home), electric car makers, and, of course, the Masons. The hero is strong-chinned, speaks five languages, shoots expertly so that he only wounds the bad guys, doesn't drink or smoke or swear or have premarital sex. It would almost work as a spoof, but the author truly believes in it. I told him I had to be paid up front, and then, when it looked like he might pay me, I told him that I was a Democrat who believed in climate change, supported civil unions, feminism, electric cars, and had Wiccan friends and Mason family members. He took it fairly well, and I directed him to several companies that will help him. Yes, I need money, but I didn't want that book with the Many Rivers Harbor imprint. It will probably be a best seller. Not.
- Haven't been keeping my diet or exercising as I should. Been too dang hot.

This week:
- Be lazy tomorrow all day!
- Finish the second book proof of SRPN and submit. This will be the last proof!
- Work on On Target.
- Work on Murder by the Mile.
- Swim several times.
- Walk several times.
- Watch the diet better.

Hope y'all have a great week.

5 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}} Sounds like it was mostly a good week and I'm sorry the bad parts were so aggravating.

Happy Birthday, Stephen! May this next year be full of good luck, good times, and enough money! {{huggs}}

SBB said...

Thanks, Tammy! :)

Jean said...

Wise move to post before the birthday. You can be a little lazy today. You had a remarkable week last week (except for the too much carbs). Keeping to your diet and exercising makes such a positive difference for you. I hope you're back at it with a vengeance this week.

Happy birthday!

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean!

Wendy said...

Looks like a good week, especially turning down that book! Wow.

I realized I haven't come out and told you that I think you're doing a great job making work when you can't find it. You could wallow in the unfairness, but you've chosen to do something about it. I really admire that.

I hope you're enjoying your lazy day and dinner out with friends!

Post a Comment