Sunday, July 7, 2013

On the Road Again!

Yes, we're heading out.  Hitting the rails.  But, first, the week in review:

The Good Stuff:
  • Yard work is done.
  • The vet had our reservations.
  • Bills are paid (and I found a little extra to tack on to my annual donation to my favorite charity)
  • Mr. L is so fun to watch while he prepares for our train trip.  He's nearly giddy with excitement.  For two weeks, he's been saying, "This time, X, we'll be X."  He has everything packed and repacked and inventoried. It's the only time he allows himself to relax, because he literally cannot do anything else but ride the train.  No matter what other work he "should" be doing, he can't do it, because he's on the train, so his brain lets him relax.
  • Sneaky's food feeder is loaded, the batteries still appear to be in good shape (they're supposed to last a little over a year), and she has fresh water in her water tower.  She should be set for the duration.  Mooch has been hanging around.  I followed him when he leaves, and he appears to go in the direction of the house my mailman indicated he may have belonged to (but that man moved to Temple to an extended care facility a couple of months ago).  I'm not certain is the new residents of the house do anything for him or not.  He cuts through a driveway on my street to appear to go one street over.  I not about to walk through someone's yard to follow a cat, so I'll have to keep an eye in that direction.  If the opportunity presents itself, I'll ask.  While on a short walk last night, I noticed several kitties in yards and on porches.
  • Did a little more filing this week.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I'm still at a loss for what to write while on the train, so maybe it's brainstorming time?
  • Since Mr. L left for San Antonio, Ruby has been out and about quite a bit.  I'm beginning to think she doesn't care for Mr. L.  Of course, Rossie avoids me at all costs, and she will only talk to Mr. L. So, I guess we have parity.  Floyd runs from Mr. L about half the time.  Delta seems to like us both.
  • My Air only has 15G of free space on it (64G SSD -- I was afraid this would happen).  I may not be able to get it to last until 2015.
The Week Ahead:
  • Capture all the cats in the morning and get them dropped off at the vet for their boarding.
  • Try to get a little walking in on extended stops on the train.
  • Survive my class reunion.  I haven't been to one in twenty-five years (I went to the tenth), but a lot of us have gotten back in touch via Facebook (we have a private page for our class) .  People I barely knew have turned out to be interesting.  One even lives in Universal City (a suburb of San Antonio), and we're going to see each other for the first time in forever at the reunion.  Maybe he and Mr L will find something in common?  Who knows.  I'm sure all will go well.  I get nervous before any outing with people, no matter how much I like them.  (Even you guys, to a certain extent.)
  • Enjoy time with Mr. L, riding on the train, and exploring the town I went to high school in.

2 comments:

SBB said...

Never been to one of my class reunions. Never intend to go. Good luck at yours! :) You should never be nervous with us. Trust us. Give us your credit card numbers. And social security number. We can get your birth date. Trust in us. :)

Your train trip sounds so awesome.

Can you delete anything off the Air?

Jean said...

Good. I was afraid you already had that stuff. Good to know you don't.

I'm going to see what can be deleted off the Air. Mostly, I'll look through downloads and download not only files I'm not using but app files. If I downloaded them, if I need them again, I can download them again.

Post a Comment