Monday, June 6, 2011

Not very metric

Just a quickie post to check in. Most everything here is keeping on keeping on, but other than finishing touches in the bathroom and a bit of touch-up-painting, the house is ready to go. We'll probably list Wed or Thurs, after the bathroom's scrubbed and polished.

A couple of gals from my writing group came over for lunch and gabbing yesterday, and it was really fun. It was even nice enough outside that we sat out on the patio. Laura joined us. Much girl bonding was had by all!

Received another declination for M but it's already off to two other publishers. Yippee! I'm feeling kinda good about these two.

Planning on working on Dubric #4 today. Somehow. It's not that I have so much other stuff to do that I'm too busy and distracted, it's more an issue of me getting the focus and desire. But I need to get back to work on something, and I don't have any good ideas that are similar to M. So, I guess it's Dubric.

I hope you all have a great week!  {{huggs}}

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, let the games begin. Good luck selling the house, as long as it doesn't sell too soon. It would be nice to know where you're going before it does!

I totally understand your dilemma with Dubric. I got out of the habit of writing (such as it was) while I was researching, so it's like starting all over. It doesn't help that a couple of my peripheral characters were actually people a couple hundred years ago!

BTW, how are the driving lessons going? Have you worked up the nerve to get in the car with her yet? If I still had my Student Driver car magnets, I would send them to you. They helped a lot when my kids were learning.

Tammy Jones said...

Well, her first jaunt was with her dad and she did great driving around for about an hour, then she pulled into the driveway and drove right through the fence.

Fence is fixed, car's dinged up. So Laura 1, Fence 0 ;)

I've driven with her once since then, and her dad twice more. No other problems, she's just a bit timid - which, considering, isn't such a bad thing. lol

Post a Comment