Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bad penny!

And I'm back! Just like the proverbial bad penny. Although I've never really understood that expression.

Last week:
- Worked on Murder by the Mile.
- Worked on a book for one of my clients that Many Rivers Harbor should publish in November.
- Worked on Undying.
- Worked on two clients' websites and updated them.
- Wrote and posted the News at Three on Facebook Monday through Friday.
- Took Thursday night off because I was so stressed that I thought I was going to flip out. Felt better afterwards.
- Household chores, chores, chores.
- Continued A-Z Posts and NaPoWriMo, although I'm running behind on both, but hope to catch up this weekend.
- Prepared the writers group meeting agenda, minutes, poems for study, and program.
- Conducted the writers group this morning and took them on a "field trip" to attend a writer's book signing that was being held in the library. We met a nice author from the eastern Oklahoma, and I invited her to come by and talk to the group after her signing, and she did. We had a good question and answer with her.
- Worked on the yard and my flower garden.
- Learned how to burn YouTube videos onto DVDs so that I can present programs to the group. Today we watched a TED lecture from David Kelley on Creative Confidence during the meeting.
- Fought a cold/allergies all week.

This week:
- Work on Murder by the Mile.
- Work on my client's book.
- Work on Undying.
- Write and post News at Three on Facebook.
- Household chores.
- Finish A-Z Posts and NaPoWriMo, thank God.
- Clean and "spring decorate" my books at the downtown store.
- Write and publish April family newsletter. (Yes, I'm that far behind.)
- Try to squeeze in some downtime in there somewhere.
- Get over this cold/allergies or whatever it is that's dragging me down.

Hope you have an awesome week.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Yes, just what is a bad penny? Is there inherent goodness or badness in a penny? It doesn't seem like it to me. One may be shinier than another or be more perfect in it's preservation, but no matter what the outward impression, it's still a penny. You're a good penny to me. I'm glad to have you back.

Good for you for recognizing you needed a break and taking it. I'm glad you felt better afterward (it kind of makes the break worthwhile and may encourage you to schedule them in).

Maybe allergies to something has been getting me lately, too. My eyes have been very itchy. I've been taking the generic Benadryl to keep the itchiness down, maybe that contributes to the rest of my sludgy feeling? So, I'm allergic to life? It'll be fun figuring that one out.

Sounds like you have a good week planned.

Wendy said...

I'm allergic to Texas, Jean. Really. I had testing to prove I'm allergic to every indigenous tree and grass, at least in south TX. I only do Benadryl to help me sleep, and all it takes is a teaspoon of the liquid for me. Anything resembling a grown-up dose will have me out for the day. I'd recommend a non-drowsy option.

Wendy said...

Stephen, when did you ever have time to work? Your schedule looks like mine, only with more writing. Good job taking that night off. We have to do that sometimes.

Jean said...

Stephen, she means when did you ever have time to work for someone else, because, obviously, you have plenty of work to do for yourself.

Wendy said...

Well, yeah, I thought it was implied because we all work, whether we get paid or not!

SBB said...

When I worked for someone else, Wendy, a lot of what I'm currently doing I didn't do. No News at Three. No publishing other people's books. No website design and maintenance. I worked, did household chores, wrote one book at time, and did the family newsletter. And each November, I did NaNoWriMonth, which I hope to do this year, too, since my schedule clears up a bit then.

There are only so many hours in the day, and I seem to be running up against that barrier a lot these days. Got to figure out a way to work more efficiently. I guess.

I will be very grateful when NaPoWriMo and A-Z Challenge is over. I won't do both again. Too hard.

Post a Comment