Sunday, April 28, 2013

Post Conference Syndrome strikes again

I'm not sure if it's information overload or being around people 24/7 during a conference that exhausts me, or maybe a combination of the two, but man, I've been next to useless this week.

Good Stuff:
- General cleaning and maintenance around the house, but only the barest of bare minimums. The big stuff that got done was because Eric said we really should, so I dragged my butt upstairs to help.
- Remembered to mail Alex's rent check.
- Did some church Powerpoints.
- Made a long-term To Do list for the next 2 weeks. I have 11 days before the in-laws arrive, and my family won't be far behind.
- Finished reading 1 1/2 books, mostly because I couldn't motivate off the couch to do more productive things. They are books I have to give to my bard mentor when I'm done. One of our friends gave them to him, but he wants me to research Guinevere (they're Arthurian novels), so I got them first. But he's waiting for me to read them so he can.
- Did manage to get to judo one evening, and I went to my first Zumba class. I might go again, but I want to try a different teacher. She assumed a level of competence I'll have to work up to. Exercise is getting easier, and my endurance and flexibility have improved.
- Started getting stuff together for the clan tent. Our first Games is the weekend after graduation. I'll have 2 1/2 days tops to pull it together once everyone leaves.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Forgot about the Scottish society newsletter, even though it was on my list.
- Didn't get as much writing in as I would have liked. It requires thinking, and that's been hard.
- The lawn mower is falling apart. I want to buy electric because I can't start a gas mower the first time. Once it's been running, I can restart it, but I never have been able to get that initial fire-up. Eric doesn't want to pay what they want for an electric mower. We have to make a decision soon because of the afore-mentioned family visit, and because with the rain we've gotten and are forecast to get, we're going to have to mow again soon.
- It's been raining a lot. That hasn't helped matters. It's way too tempting to settle in with a cup of chai and a book.

This Week:
- Mark stuff off the long-term list.
- Newsletter.
- Powerpoints.
- Write. I made changes to my plot while I was away last weekend, so I'm more or less starting from scratch, although I wasn't that far into it, so the rewriting shouldn't take long.
- Figure out what I'm going to wear for graduation. Alex's girlfriend already has her dress and has told Alex, "It's peach, and you have to match." ;-)
- Try to stay dry. To that end, I need to grab my raincoat and boots out of the trunk of Eric's car. I was wearing them when I left for Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment