Sunday, April 14, 2013

Since I'm getting tired of line edits... ;)

My week has been fairly typical, especially for this stage in the revision/about to go out the door process, which means I've mostly been a stressed out basket case weepy PITA.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has to deal with me either this past week or the one coming up. I'm a mess and I'm trying not to let it spill out, but it defeats me and my best intentions, sometimes.

Anyway, here's my update. :)

Weight was down about half a pound - yay! However, due to book-stress-eating, I'm finding myself munching more, often on things that aren't really points friendly (like pizza, egg rolls, etc). That said, my bathroom weight is DOWN another 2.2 lbs. I think it's the stress. I am pretty hyper/wound up. And not in a good way. It's giving me, um, bowel issues, which started before I decided to just eat what I want until this frantic time is past. I'm still tracking, though, and exercising every day (and, really, I'm only going 5 or so points over for the day, so it's not like I'm pigging out on the stuff).

Took a 'day off from the book' Saturday to go to a quilt show and fabric shopping with my friend Deb and her mom. I spent too much money at The Quilted Forest in Forest City, but I'm totally okay with that. I love everything I bought and have zero buyer's remorse for any of it. Bill's happy I had such a fun time, so screw the budget, I bought jelly rolls and layer cakes! lol (for you non quilters, a jelly roll is a roll of 40 2.5-inch strips and a layer cake is 40 10-inch squares, all different but coordinating fabrics. Neither are actual pastry items. ;) My granddaughter is gonna get a couple of VERY girly quilts for her big-girl bed. I swear, that child will be set for life in the girly-quilts department. lol

We've had some rain - yay! - and snow - yay! - and more rain - YAY! So glad we're getting the moisture.

City council meeting went well, but I'm having a bit of a quandary. Sort of. There's some money left in the general budget and the city clerk wants to spend it on updating the council room with new furniture and carpet. She's supposed to give us estimates for both next month, but I think we'd be better served replacing the community center floor and painting in there, maybe doing some repairs or expansions to playground equipment, that kinda thing, since we really don't need fancier furniture for the 2 hours or so we meet every month. I fear, tho, that I will be the lone vote of 'nay' on the expense.

Still waiting on line edits for the last 4 chapters, and I have 3 (so far) more tweaks to chapter graphics, but otherwise SPORE is DONE. Which means it's not really done, but SOON. Which is a very good thing. My hubby keeps treating me like I'm about to break. This may or may not be true - I spent pretty much all of Wednesday/Thursday bawling - but it's still annoying to be handled that way. Once I get the line edits and other teensy things on my list done, I'll take the remainder of that day to review it, then I shall SEND IT OUT. This week.

I'll be so relieved when it's off my desk, at least for a while.

Then I shall SEW. And it'll be pink and flowery and full of perky cheer! :)

Have a happy week, everyone!!  {{hugs}}

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yay on the quilt stuff.

You're gonna be fine. Fingers crossed for good SPORE news.

Post a Comment