Sunday, April 14, 2013

Normal, or what passes for it.

It's been significantly slower around here in the last week. Oddly, I don't feel any better rested.

Good Stuff:
- Mowed the hay, er, lawn this afternoon. Yeah, it really needed it.
- Got some words in. Still not enough, IMHO, but they were pretty consistent, so that's something.
- Collected some paint samples for my office. They're jammed into the trim around the door. A couple have potential, but I haven't yet found the perfect shade of turquoise. Everything I've found is either too blue or too green.
- No one I know had any damage in the tornado that went through St Louis last Wednesday. Vicky weathered it under the stairs with her cat, the boyfriend not being home from work yet. Thank goodness she has a house with a basement. She's better protected against storms than we are!
- The cats were clingy on and off all week but seem to have gotten past that, just in time for me to leave Thursday for Memphis. :-) Daddy will be home with them this time, so it shouldn't be too traumatic. He knows how to open cat food cans. (I'm going for another writing retreat. Might be the last time to hang out with writers this year.)
- So far my allergy medicine is working. Only a couple minor headaches so far, and I haven't had to break out the neti pot.
- Started getting my raised beds into shape. The older of the two will need to be replaced next year I think.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Female issues for which I will be having another ultrasound this week. I'm sure Stephen doesn't want more details!
- The weather, while typical for the area this time of year, has been eclectic. Temps ranging from 50 to high 70's. Today is warm but windy. Rattle the windows and chase the cat under the couch windy.
- I had a fender bender in the commissary parking lot. A teenage boy was backing his parents' van out behind me, and I didn't see him until I heard the crunch. Minimal damage--a dent in his quarter panel, and a broken tail light on my van. We're both USAA customers so it was handled quickly. Getting it fixed shouldn't be a big deal.

This Week:
- Get the oil changed in the van, and talk to my mechanic about getting the tail light fixed.
- Pack.
- Go to two judo classes instead of just one, which is all I've managed per week since I started. It's getting less scary, and it is a good workout.
- Drive safely to Memphis and back.

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Other than the fender bender and women's health issue (hope it's nothing serious!!) it sounds like a pretty good week.

Have a great time at the retreat!!! Woot!

Jean said...

Bummer on the parking lot accident. Hope the ultrasound doesn't reveal any problems -- or at least any problems that can't be easily resolved.

Glad to hear everyone you know weathered the tornado well.

Have a great retreat!

Post a Comment