Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rain on the Scarecrow

I can only hope.  We supposedly have rain coming our way, but I'll believe it when I see it.  It keeps Mr. L glued to his weather app on his Toshiba tablet, periodically calling out messages of impending doom.  Yeah.  Right.  He's like the boy who cried wolf with that thing.  But heaven forbid I poo-poo his fears about hail and we actually get hail if I didn't listen to his recommendation to take the trucks to the shop.  I'd never live that down.

The Good Stuff:
  • Had a couple of good sessions with Sneaky/Sneakers this week (I'm kind of liking Sneakers as a name for her but haven't decided for sure)
  • Tracked, did morning pages, rode two days, mowed three days, read
  • Looked at Cat Eyes and added more to the next scene
  • Zette's offering a short story class at FM, so I'm going to work through that.
  • GYN follow up went fine.  He discounted back pain being related.
  • Got the store mowed, even if it took three days instead of the usual two (I was thwarted by a brief rain shower on the second day)
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • As of Friday, my sister is unemployed.  She knew it was coming, but her efforts to find something in the last few months have not paid off.  She's going to spend time with her kids, grandsons, and my folks this summer (she did get a severance package).  I presume she's also going to be looking for work (she's the lone breadwinner; her husband is on disability).
  • I'm still tired a lot.  Getting along well with Mr. L but I seem to be experiencing some personal dissatisfaction that I can't put my finger on.
The Week Ahead:
  • Heading to San Antonio on the first to do about a week's worth of yard work and vote in the local election on the 11th before heading back this way afterward
  • Assuming weather permits, get house yard mowed and trimmed here before I go
  • Do Zette's class and exercises for it
  • Track, move, read, and do morning pages.
  • Continue work on some kind of writing

2 comments:

SBB said...

Sorry about your sister. I know how tough that is.

We had high winds, 2 inches of rain, and light hail here. Not fun, but we still needed the rain.

Sorry about the dissatisfaction. This is the spring of our discontent ... to paraphrase Shakespeare. Rooting for you always.

Jean said...

We got so little rain it didn't register on the local radio station's rain gauge.

Appreciate your support! I'll figure it out or at least pull through it.

Post a Comment