Sunday, April 7, 2013

And so it begins...

Since it's right at midnight and I am very tired, I'll try not to be too long winded tonight.

Things... she is wackydoodle busy. That's sort of like Yankeedoodle Dandy, but without the cool hat.

SPORE is done, still waiting to get final notes from a couple of pre-readers. I am strangely happy about it, it's like I've passed through the terrified and landed softly on the other side. This, tho, may change at any moment, but for now I'm enjoying it.

I have a omelette breakfast to attend in the morning (Sunday) as part of a fundraiser for our local fire department. I have a city council meeting Monday, a quilt guild meeting Tuesday, the book to turn in (hopefully) by Friday, and a quilt show to attend with a friend on Saturday. A week after that, on Sunday,  I have a pancake breakfast to benefit the local Lions Club, then, that following Monday, a Lions Club meeting. Apparently they're very, very short on members (currently just 5) and can't continue to do events for the kids like Easter Egg Hunts, Halloween Parties, Christmas Parties, etc, nor maintain the veterans memorial or the park or do library fundraisers, etc, unless they get more people. They will just close up and stop. Like all of the other nearby communities have done.

I REALLY LIKE having things like this in our teensy community. Like it GOBS.

GAH!! Like I don't have enough going on already!!

GAH!!

I was up this week by 1.6 lbs, not too unexpected since I was on the road a lot (trips to Des Moines, etc) plus book stress, plus hormones, plus just life. But I'm back to tracking and exercising and being good so it ought to come off this week. Want to be 50 lbs down by my birthday and I'll need to lose about 8lbs a month to get there. Which is doable, but tough, so we'll see. I've exercised every day since the middle of last week. I can do it, especially if I can stop injuring myself over-doing the exercise. ;)

I sewed. A little. Sort of. On Friday. See, I'd already made 49 blocks for a huge quilt and I sewed most of them together in pairs. Pretty exciting, eh? At least it's something.

I have lost a sweater I really like. No idea where or how, but I cannot find it, anywhere. Poof! It's been vaporized. My house is not that big, nor are there many places for a teal green pullover sweater to hide, but I can't find it. I've totally emptied my dresser, gone through every hanger in the closet, every piece of luggage, Bill's dresser, little miss's room, Laura's room, every everything.

Poof.

Maybe I'm just losing my mind. ;)

This next week, I mostly just want to keep my mental eggs in their basket as I send SPORE off to The Agent and get through all of the 'events' already on my schedule.

Oh, and sleep. I'll try to do some of that too. Starting right now. ;)

Have a happy weekend!!  {{hugs}}

3 comments:

SBB said...

Wow! You've got a lot on your agenda! Remember to take a few breaks in there -- somewhere in there.

So excited about Spore. I can't wait to buy a SIGNED copy from you! That will be so awesome!

Wendy said...

Man, I'm tired just looking at your list! Try to get some rest, will ya? If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

Tammy Jones said...

Thanks, guys. Working through a mountain of edits tonight. It's slow going, but I'll get there. {{hugs}}

Post a Comment