Monday, April 22, 2013

Flirtin' With Disaster

No particular reason. I just got a whim to channel some Molly Hatchet.

The Good Stuff:
  • Completed my CHL (Concealed Handgun License) refresher course and shot one of my best groups ever on the practical part of the course. Sending off the paperwork tomorrow for my updated license.
  • I got front hedge by the door trimmed, a couple of fledgling hackberry trees hacked out below the ground, and the "weedy" part of the SA yard mowed.
  • I did morning pages, tracking, and weeding
  • Mom's home from the hospital
  • We had little trouble with Rossie for transitioning.  It was Ruby who found a place to hide down in SA that took us a while to find.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • What a week! Boston and West.  Boston was terrible for the national security implications and West was terrible for the concentrated community impact. But, if you really think about it, these just received national media focus.  If you look, there's something equally horrible going on somewhere in the world every day.  On the bright side, for each horrid act, there are people pulling together and making good things happen.
  • I didn't get much done in San Antonio. 
  • I'm feeling tired all the time. Since the beginning of the year (mid-December, really), I've either felt sick, dragged out, or just blah.  I'm not sure what's going on.  If this is just "normal aging" and I have to push through it, it sucks. Resting doesn't seem to help. I have my six-month check up with my primary doctor the first week of June.  I'll add it to the list of things to ask.
  • Dad's on the wait list for a back surgery, and Mom's still having trouble breathing.  One of my nieces will be serving as their transport after Dad's surgery, so I don't have to make the trip up there this time, but they won't be able to come to OK for my nephew's graduation and the follow-on visit with us they had planned. (But getting these health matters taken care of is more important.)
  • Nada on writing.
The Week Ahead:
  • Follow up on Wed with GYN regarding the surgery.  I'm going to ask him about the back pain and a few other things that have flared up since the surgery to rule out any relationship.
  • Track, read, morning pages, and exercise.
  • Finish A-Z challenge posts. 
  • Survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment