Sunday, June 9, 2013

Baby, Come Back!

Yes, Rossie has escaped to the garage in the San Antonio house.  Mr. L has spotted her twice in the last twelve hours, so we're hoping she's lonely enough to lure inside.  Mr. L has rigged a string on the screen door, hoping to trap her in the laundry area.  We'll see what happens.

The Good Stuff:
  • Got a very little work done on the short story this week
  • Tracked, read, morning pages, etc.  -- all done
  • Yard work done
  • My blood work was pretty good at the doctor.  Glucose is slowly creeping up (107), but cholesterol and blood pressure were all nice and low.  Triglycerides dropped below 200.  The double dose of fish oil seems to be helping.  Doctor seemed to think summer work would help with the weight.  
  • Got enough work done in the blue room (back bedroom) to be able to move the spare mattress and box spring from the front bedroom to the blue room and put it on the iron bed frame I set it up there. Whew!  Lots more work to do, but that was one goal met.
  • Local grocery store is having a summer "game" kind of like McDonald's Monopoly game.  Prizes range from $100,000 cash to $25 gift cards.  I've managed to get game pieces for a $50 Conoco card and a $25 store card.  I submitted the game pieces for validation on Friday and should have the prizes in one to two months.  I'm one game piece away on several more prizes. We'll see how it goes. I'm surprised (and pleased) to have won the two. 
  • Sneaky is getting better socialized.  Progress is slow, but there is progress
The Not So Good Stuff
  • Mr. L not closing the door between the laundry room and the garage, allowing Rossie to escape when the door between the laundry room and the kitchen popped open frustrates me.  I try to close that door for two reasons -- it acts as an insulator to keep the outside heat in the garage and allows the kitchen to be a little cooler, and if the inner door pops open, we don't lose a cat in the garage or worse.  I've asked him to do it time after time after time, but he usually forgets.  (The screen door has a damaged screen that allows a cat to slip out; otherwise, it wouldn't be a big deal for cats. Apparently, he has now arranged a block on the screen door to mitigate that problem -- after the cat got out.)  One of those, "I told you so moments," but I can't say that. 
  • My recumbent bike pedals are squeaking.  I know it needs some lubricant, but all the manual says is use silicone lubricant but doesn't say where or how to apply it.  It's supposed to be one of those sealed things, I think.  Which could be a problem.  Sigh.  I guess further investigation is definitely in order.
  • Mr. L has griped continually about the yard work in San Antonio keeping him from doing what he went down there to do.  It's hard for me not to hear this as criticism for me not going down there with him.
The Week Ahead:
  • Read, track, ride, morning pages -- usual routine stuff
  • Continue blue room and den decluttering
  • Work on short story
  • Hope Mr. L is able to bring Rossie back into the fold without me having to go down there.
  • Bring a dog house back from the store to set up for Sneaky on the porch.  I don't think she'll use it, but I'd like to have it available for her.  I'd rather she spent more time up here than under the house.  She's sleeping on the door mat pretty often, so I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment