Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Can't Get Started

In honor of Barry Manilow coming to San Antonio.  No. I don't know exactly when.  They're giving away tickets and advertising on the radio, but I haven't paid attention to the details.  I do think it's cool that he's taking donations of musical instruments before the concert, and all instruments collected will be donated to the San Antonio public schools.

The Good Stuff:
  • Rossie is back in the house. I didn't have to make a trip to SA to help Mr. L.  The two of them worked it out.
  • Sneaky's dog house is set up on the side porch.  She's studiously ignoring it.
  • Sneaky is much better at interacting without inflicting pain this week.  We had one clawing incident, but we were trying a new approach, and I don't think she was ready for it.  
  • I read and tracked. Got one day of riding in.  Switched to the old stationary bike until I can figure out how to lube the recumbent bike. 
  • I got a little bit done on the decluttering.
  • I pulled the mercuryranch.org Front Page site that was oh, so old and replaced it with a simple WordPress static front page site for now with lantern information on it (about all that was pertinent in the original site). I got the theme customized and added a contact page.
  • I researched and installed a couple extensions for FM's back end that will allow people to add to a list of their publications for people to search on.  There are a few glitches to work out yet -- one is some sort of security to limit who can input data (tie it to the site authentication system somehow) and find out how admins can monitor and edit the information as needed.  (This is part of the learning process for me as I work on this backend stuff.)
  • Notification of the details of my 35th class reunion came this week (We've known the date for months and have planned Grand Tour 2013 around it), and the attire for the evening is "authentic 70s." Easy. I still wear jeans and T-shirts, but I decided to try to find something more appropriate to the period.  Assuming they fit when they arrive, I ordered some 501 Levis. I also ordered a tie dye T-shirt (and matching socks) from tyedyeeverything.com.  I'll wear Mr. L's high top Converse All-Stars (only one size too big, but I'm not paying $50 for a pair of shoes I'm unlikely to wear again).  I've always wanted a decent quality tie dye shirt, but I didn't have an excuse to buy one.  I won't win any prizes, but I should be comfortable.  Mr. L is going to wear his guayabera, slacks, and cowboy boots.  He seems to be doing a little shopping down in San Antonio this week, so he may be coming up with something else as well.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I missed one day of Morning Pages this week.  First time this year.  I just didn't get around to doing them, and by the time I realized it, it was after midnight.  
  • I feel stuck on the short story again.  I need to write a volatile scene, and I cannot bring myself to do it.
  • I'm experiencing more spinning beach balls on this Mac Mini.  I hope it survives until I can replace it in December.
  • Apparently, my oldest nephew totaled his car today.  Or, at least, he had an accident bad enough so he can't drive it.  Good news is, he appears to be unhurt, but there's a lot of drama on my Facebook feed this afternoon.
The Week Ahead:
  • Usual tracking, reading, morning pages, and riding.  Yada. Yada. Yada.
  • Get more decluttering done in the blue room and den.
  • Downstairs dusting and vacuuming.
  • Short story work.
  • Get ready for vacation.  It's coming up fast.  Grand Tour 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment