Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just the Two of Us

Just Wendy and Me all lonely here last week while Tammy and Stephen must have been dodging those pesky tornadoes (as far as I know, no tornadoes found you; otherwise, please excuse the flippant remark).  Well, Tammy was on vay-cay-shun.  Yay for Tammy and Bill!  Stephen probably wishes he was lounging in his pool.

The Good Stuff:
  • I'm pretty happy.  I tried the print out one paragraph per page approach Zette has recommended, and it got me moving again on the short story.
  • I tracked, read, did morning pages, all that stuff.  Yada, yada, yada.
  • Got the yard mowed (this will be a recurring theme over the next few months)
  • Rode the bike a couple of times -- I need to make the trek to the shop daily, but I'm not quite doing that yet.
  • I'm trying several new recipes while Mr. L is in San Antonio.  This morning's breakfast bacon bake was what I feared -- way too many calories for the taste it delivered. 
  • Sneaky got her first dose of Revolution today.  I figured since she's letting me handle her, she needs the protection it offers from fleas, ticks, mites, and worms far more than my pampered indoor kitties do. Besides, I forgot to send Ajax and Rossie's doses with Mr. L, so I had one I could spare.
  • Got the prep work done for my crown and the appointment for the permanent one to be installed on June 19.
  • Got my ultrasound on Tuesday.  A cyst they've been following was hard to find, but the technician finally found it and said it looked like it might be smaller than the original view (and it was small to begin with).  I like that this ultrasound tech doesn't keep everything a secret.  Supposedly my nurse practitioner will be contacting me about it (I'm due for my annual visit with her soon).
  • According to Mr. L, Rossie has been an attention hound since they've been down in SA.  We're hoping to see good progress after three weeks, but we suspect once she gets back up here, she'll revert to her old ways.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I'm making far slower progress on decluttering than I would prefer. 
The Week Ahead:
  • Semi-annual visit with doctor on Tuesday, and I am not happy with my lack of progress on a healthy front over the last six months.  Which makes me kind of dread going to talk to him.
  • Read, track, ride the bike, do morning pages -- all the routine stuff
  • Continue work on the short story.
  • Make significant progress decluttering the blue room and the den.
  • Knock out a few more of those nagging To Do items on Things that I keep putting off and putting off.

3 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Congrats on the good week! Sounds like you got a LOT done - and I know putting flea/tick stuff on some cats is a huge undertaking all its own.

{{hugs}} on the decluttering. I need to do more of that, too.

SBB said...

I am in the same boat on the health situation, Jean. I'm supposed to go see the doctor at the end of this month. I dread it.

You are so busy and so productive! I need to get you up here to inspire me. :)

Decluttering is always on my To-Do list. Seems the more I do, the more there is to be done. :( Some weird mystical/time/space event is occurring with it.

Wendy said...

Man, isn't that the truth! Seems like I clear the same spaces every day. I'm pretty sure it's gremlins or fairies or something. Even though I've found homes for a lot of stuff, we still have stuff sitting around.

Post a Comment