Saturday, June 15, 2013

Decent week with plenty of sadness.

Today, the big thing is Little Miss going to her dad's for a week (actually 10 days) on his requested vacation week. He gets two per summer and the first starts tomorrow (his usual pick-up day), but Father's Day visitations starts today so she's heading out today. Bill and I will pick her up a week from Tuesday.

I has a sad.

Bill and I are taking a long weekend vacation next weekend to the Maquoketa caves and surrounding area,  Sun-Tues, and are staying in a B&B. REALLY looking forward to the holiday, even tho I'm trying to catch a cold.

No news on SPORE. No sewing. :(

I got a job teaching adult ed writing this fall. Should be interesting!!

Our cat Trouble got hit by a car. She was prone to daredevil stupidity, so sad as it is, we really weren't surprised. No one has mentioned getting a replacement kitty, and I'm okay with that. Usually I'm the first one wanting to fill the void, but we're not - yet at least - looking for another kitty. After she died, I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of her. That made me feel sorry and kind of ashamed.

This coming week, since Little Miss won't be here to 'help' I am going to focus on decluttering and scrubbing floors. Hopefully I can get a lot done. :)


2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Trouble. {{{huggsss}}} I definitely understand feeling that way for not having any pictures of her. I also can understand why you didn't, since you've been focusing so much on Little Miss. Kitties are important, but with Little Miss around, I can fully understand why there are no pictures.

That vacation sounds great. I know you're looking forward to it, and I hope it goes well.

Congratulations on the teaching job. I hope the class "makes" and you have a blast with it.

Tammy Jones said...

Thanks, Jean. {{hugs}}

I have a LOT I want to cover in the 6 week class. I hope I can squeeze it all in yet keep it fun - and make it worth the $75 tuition fee. It's set by the Adult Ed people, not me.

Post a Comment