Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cliff Diving

I don't know if there's a song for that or not, but it sure feels like that's what I've been doing this week.  I saw the announcement for the Product Launch Formula.  I checked out the videos.  I can resist this.  Holly offers a tremendous workshop as a corollary about adapting the course for writers.  I still tell myself I can resist this.  Maybe next year.  Now is not the right time.  It kept calling to me.  I think to myself, Mr. L has been giving me space to write, but I haven't been taking advantage of it.  He's not against my efforts, but he'd like to see some progress, and why wouldn't he want to see something tangible from my efforts?  So it's me.  I talked to him about it.  It's a lot of money, but I can afford it -- I just don't want to waste it.  I took the plunge.  All the things I'm feeling about the challenges of the program are felt by some of the other folks in Holly's workshop.  We'll get through it together.  It's going to cost a little more to execute the program, but they are sensible expenditures.  I'm going to be learning a lot over the next year. 

The Good Stuff:
  • We got some rain in Texas this week, thanks to the little Gulf and Baja hurricanes.  When we pulled up to the San Antonio house, the grass was lush and green and needs mowing (when it dries out)
The Not So Good Stuff:
  •  We have to stay in SA an extra four days (Mr L had some skin growths removed, and the stitches come out Sep 30), so we'll be a little pressed for time in getting packed and ready to leave for PA the morning of the 2nd.
  • Since  started the video intensive internet class during the time we're on our cellular data instead of DSL, I've burned through a ton of data and had to double my data plan for the month.  I just hope that's enough.
  • Oh, and Mr. L is putting together the route for our trip and researching various stops over cellular data as well.  (But I am far and away using the bulk of our data.)
The Week Ahead:
  •  Do what I can from a distance to prepare for the trip to PA -- mostly make good lists of what we need to do when we get back to Central TX.
  • Get the yard mowed
  • Get some tree work done (lots of wayward china berries need to be eradicated)
  • Do the PLF lessons
  • Get some writing done.
  • Figure out what I have to offer the world that might entice them to sign up for an email newsletter.  The core of marketing yourself on the internet is to have a list of people who've opted in to what you have to offer. 
  • Play with cats -- yes, Tammy, they are all doing well.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! They probably priced it the way they did to weed out the slackers. I wouldn't want to squander that kind of money, either. Hang on for the ride and absorb all you can, but keep good notes because you might miss something the first time around, and if you have notes to refer to, you'll catch it when you need it.

Jean said...

So many other people are saying how excited they are to be participating in this course. Is that another way to say I'm overwhelmed and feeling scared to death? If so, I'm freakin' excited!

I have two notebooks reserved for each class as well as a couple for the writing I need to put together to offer in exchange for signing up for my list and eventually for people to buy. I'm so not ready for this, but I'm really ready for this. If that makes any sense. I want to get moving forward with my writing goals.

Wendy said...

Yup, that makes sense. You've read Steven Pressfield's "Turning Pro" haven't you? If not, add it to your To Be Read pile.

Post a Comment