Monday, September 9, 2013

Continuation of the crazy

It's been nuts.

Babysitting my granddaughter a lot since Laura is working more hours than she'd expected. It's great, but exhausting. Bill pulled his back out last week. The chiropractor helped some, but it stiffened up really, really bad over the weekend so we're gonna try seeing a massage therapist. Hopefully she can give him some relief. My mother's going in for a procedure on Friday (looks like I'm driving) so I need to find a babysitter for Little Miss so I can help mom. I am apparently running for city council again whether I really want to or not since we have only two people running for three open seats. Um, yay? Book stuff is great (SPORE's off to publishers today, I guess) and I'm struggling to nail down a plot for a youngish non-spec thriller to follow Morgan, but that's all good. I've been sewing when I can (fwiw, I have Jean and Wendy's quilts well in hand but, Stephen, I need to know what colors you like!!) and have found that little (as in about 24" square or less) sort of artsy quilts are really suiting both my need to quilt and my lack of real time.

My weight is UP - about 7 lbs!! AAACK!! - mostly from the constant stress and running around, but I talked with my Leader after last week's meeting and she suggested some tweaks to my diet (more protein, less fruit). Doing that, but the scale isn't moving yet. I am so, so bloated with water retention and I haven't even had much salt at all! Still exercising most every night (3 mile super fat burning walk with Leslie Sansone) and am registered for the local 5k at the end of this month. My writing class - should it even happen - starts Thursday and I am not prepared at all, but I will be.

Bill to massage therapy in about 20 min, then lunch, then housework, then clean, laundry, and catch up on online stuff (I am so, so far behind!!) then cook supper (all while babysitting) then city council then exercise then - maybe - a chance to write.

Thank you all for being so patient with me. {{{hugs}}

4 comments:

Jean said...

Gak! So much going on at your place.

The artsy quilt size sounds great.

Here's hoping Bill gets some relief from the massage therapist. Locked up backs are awful. You can't do anything without excruciating pain.

Hope all goes well with your mom's procedure. {{{Hugs}}} Glad you have so much good going on with all the other stuff. It helps balance things out.

SBB said...

Jean's right. You have a lot going on, but you seem to be handling it. Awesome you!

A quilt for me? How cool! Thank you for thinking of me!

So looking forward to when you announce Spore has been sold, sold, SOLD! :)

Tammy Jones said...

FINALLY got home from taking Bill to get his back loosened up. It was a MESS. The initial guess was he'd need about an hour of massage therapy - he ended up with more like 90+ minutes - and she sent him Right To The Chiropractor because of stuff out of alignment. Again. He's taking at least 3 days off work to let it heal. Maybe a week. He's supposed to let the chiro know how it's going on Wed and if it's still a mess (right this minute it's GOBS better, but I'm hesitant to call him cured) he's supposed to come back in.

In calmer news, my writing class got cancelled since not enough people signed up. I'm actually relieved.

GAK!! I have so much to get done before City Council!! Gotta run! {{hugs}}

Wendy said...

Well yeah for Bill's back and yeah for the cancelled class! Hang in there, busy lady!

Post a Comment