Sunday, September 29, 2013

I have sore shins.

It's been a busy couple of weeks again, and I really wish I could be more organized or at least more on top of things. Most days I feel like I've left my head somewhere and my body's stumbling around on auto pilot.

Anyway, here's a (hopefully) short breakdown.

The Good:

  • I completed the 5k on Saturday. The hill - going down and coming up - really took a toll on my joints, though. But I DID IT and didn't falter once, even tho I was kinda plodding along on that last climb. I'll get my 5k charm at my WW meeting Thursday! Yay!
  • Finished a preliminary synopsis for SLIPPAGE. Three people have read it with consistent 'oh, wow, I'd TOTALLY read this!!' kind of comments, so that's good. Have to make a few tweaks for clarification issues, and I decided to change the antagonist's gender, but I ought to get it out to my agent, assuming she wants it, tomorrow.
  • Bill's back is mostly better and he's working on stuff around the house again, which is very, very good for his outlook on life and, therefore, my day to day life. ;)
  • I did laundry, grocery shopping, and even balanced the checkbook. However, I forgot to wash Bill's work jeans, didn't pick up paper towels, sinus meds, or diet dinners, and I'm off by about 80 bucks. Somewhere.
  • Got a really cute Coach purse ($300 retail, supposedly used once) for $60 from a local 'online garage sale' group. I like it muchly.
  • Brain location queries are going straight to voice mail. Hmm.

The Meh:

  • Survived my monthly sewing class even though I really didn't have time to take it. Was just me and Tanya (the store owner) so it was very non-stressful and I did get my two blocks sewn, but I spent the rest of the day scrambling to make up the 4 hours I spent in class, about half of which was spent ripping seams out because I kept making newbie mistakes. Which I usually don't make.
  • Weight was up (about 3 lbs) mostly because I didn't drink my water. I think. Plus hormone stuff. While I can't do anything about the hormones, I can drink my dang water!!! I also need to track better. I used to be great at tracking, but can't seem to do it lately. Where'd I put my brain, again?
  • Steelers lost. Again. Sigh.
  • Granddaughter knocked my glass of crystal light over my keyboard and shorted it out. It did not recover. I bought a new pretty-cheapo Windows keyboard and I don't like it much. The Command/Control/Option and Function keys are in the wrong place and I keep boogering up my typing. 
  • While I managed to sew my two class blocks, I have not managed to stretch or quilt either quilt. I might need a new address, Wendy, if I can't get it done soon. Sorry!
  • No word from New York about SPORE. Lots of waiting when you're a writer.
  • It seems like everything in the house is disorganized and I really, really need to scrub floors. It's all because I've misplaced my brain. Maybe it's in the recycling bin??
Crap. Bill took in recycling. Maybe I emailed it to San Diego with my manuscript?? Either that, or TheToddler's stashed it under the couch again.


The Upcoming Week:

  • Finish and polish outline so it can go to agent
  • Get a couple of chapters of SLIPPAGE written
  • Prep for the Lions Club pancake breakfast
  • Take Little Miss to AppleFest at the orchard next Saturday
  • Keep exercising. Get a loss this week!
  • FIND MY BRAIN!!!
{{hugs}}


2 comments:

Wendy said...

It's not a problem. In fact, it might be easier for me if you put mine aside until we find a place up yonder. One less thing to move. ;-)

Jean said...

I'm sure if your brain was in the recycle bin, Bill would have plucked it out. I'm voting for the Toddler stashing it under the couch.

Way to go on the 5K. The aches and pains will subside. The good feeling of accomplishment will go on longer.

Post a Comment