Sunday, September 8, 2013

No news is good news

- My uncle is heading for hospice this week, so I'm on call and hoping I'll be able to break out the little black dress next weekend and not the funeral black dress. My #1 concern is that he thinks claiming Catholicism is enough to get him into heaven. My prayer has become for a bible-preaching priest to visit him and give him the low-down, and that my step-dad will be there to hear it, too.
- Still nothing from Chicago. If they wait a little longer, Eric can finish his semester. He's only got one more after this one.
- We spent most of the weekend in Buffalo, MO (aka Hicksville) at the Celtic Festival. Not sure we'll be going back to that one. It's an easy drive, but it's still 3 1/2 hours, and the guy in charge for our clan appeared to have plenty of help. We spent yesterday sitting in the shade and visiting, and I did the apprentice thing. We originally planned to stay last night, but since there wasn't much for us to do, we decided we'd drive home last night. Ssh, we're playing hooky today. Don't tell anyone we're back. :-)
- I gave Jeff the draft for King Or Country and he had some really good suggestions for the rewrite. Some of my plot isn't plausible based on the Scottish culture, but we figured out a solution. It's good to have a resident Historian.
-  The To Do list needs to make a come-back. I haven't used one lately, and things are starting to fall through the cracks. It will also help me with these posts.
- Morning cardio seems to be helping me cut back further on my caffeine intake. It's not unusual to be getting around to my first cup at 10 or 11 in the morning. I stretched it to noon one day last week. Conversely, on the days I don't exercise, I need more caffeine to get moving. It would have been nice to know that a few years ago.
- Vicky got a job at a pizza joint, so she's going to be a busy girl. She's in class two days a week, working three full days at the hospital (unpaid clinicals), and squeezing in as many hours as she can working. I might have to bribe her with dinner to see her! The bonus is that the pizzeria is in a better neighborhood than she lives in, so I won't worry quite so much about her making deliveries. I'm hoping she won't have to do so many of those once they figure out she can cook!

I think that's about it from here. It rained all morning so I guess mowing the lawn is out. Darn. What's going on with you guys?


5 comments:

Jean said...

Let's hope Chicago holds off until Eric can finish his degree.

So glad you got some useful feedback on King Or Country.

Interesting observation on how morning cardio cuts the need for caffeine. You can use that to your advantage.

Jean said...

I'm sorry your uncle doesn't have better news about his physical health. Perhaps there will be better news for his spiritual health.

Wendy said...

I talked to Mom this evening and Uncle Carl is at peace with everything. He even has his funeral all planned out.

SBB said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

I need caffeine to even consider cardio! And right now ... no caffeine. None. Not a delicious, glorious gram of caffeine since 8/10. And I MISS IT!!!!

Tammy Jones said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope he - and your step father - find their way to where they need to go. {{hugs}}

I'm thinking Chicago will fall in place at just the right time. Things have an odd way of working out for the best, usually.

Yay on feedback for King and Country!!! Are the revisions extensive? When do you think you can send the story out?

I do my cardio at night, mostly because it's the only 'me time' I have and it tends to energize me and keep me up even later than I want. I can totally see how doing it in the morning would be a great impact to the day!

Yay for Vicky!!

Post a Comment