Monday, May 19, 2014

Dazed and confused

It was a busy weekend. Wow.

Good Stuff:
- I got paid for working Saturday. Crowds were light. It seemed like many of the people there were participating in the Games rather than visitors. They've never had storytelling at this particular festival, so people didn't know quite what to do with me, which was a bit strange. They've penciled me in for next year, and hopefully in a few years they won't be able to think about the Games without storytelling!
- Our friend Chad is in town for a class. We had dinner with him last night, and he may be coming back over tomorrow evening. So good to see him. He was a little surprised at how different the apartment looks without the boxes!
- Eric has two job interviews this week for permanent positions. Fingers crossed. It would be great to get out of contract work.
- We're officially Presbyterian again.

Not So Good Stuff:
- My sinuses have been a mess. Even with allergy meds, hot showers and the neti pot I still have to take pain meds some days. At least I can breathe. There's a lot to be said for that.
- It appears that every storytelling gig will be followed by a couple days of recovery. It's great fun, but exhausting. Need to check with Jeff to see if he's found that to be true, or if part of this is allergy side effects.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all my muddled brain will come up with right now. I have this week to get my act together before I have to gear up to go downstate again. Vicky's graduation is a week from Friday, and my parents and aunt are coming. Luckily, they've already asked about hotels so we won't have to figure out where to wedge everyone in with Vicky and her roommates!

Y'all have a good week.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I hope all goes well for Eric and permanent positions. Congrats on the rest of the good news. Hang in there on the not so good stuff.

Post a Comment