Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sundays suck

Sorry, but they do. LittleMiss knows her dad's coming to pick her up soon and she's moping around and whining a little. It breaks our hearts to see her like this, and it's even worse when she cries as he takes her away. I really, really despise Sundays.

I've spent this past week and a half fighting a cold on top of my sinus infection and standard seasonal allergies. I'm pretty much a congested mess in that regard and it's making me constantly tired, probably from decreased oxygen. Spent plenty of time with LittleMiss, tho, which was great. :)

Saw both Godzilla and XMen this past week and I liked both. Bill, not as much. Not sure if we'll get either DVD (Laura will almost certainly get XMen) but Godzilla was exactly the stomp-and-destruction fest I wanted and I was pleasantly surprised that XMen managed to cram the whole Days of Future Past comic series (admittedly altered and condensed) into a coherent 2 hour film. I was genuinely worried it would have been a tangled mess, but it worked out reasonably well. Just wish there was more... gravitas? Emotional connection? It was fun, but not satisfying, if that makes sense, like having a cookie instead of supper. I left Godzilla happier. Rawr!

I'm back to working on Dubric this week since the other two books are stalled, in part because I'm having trouble concentrating. I'm blaming hormones and sinuses for this, but mostly hormones. I had an incredibly awful day last Thursday (a week and a half ago) which may have been a reaction to a medication, might have been a massive hormonal flux. I stopped the med (my doc will surely chew my butt about that when I see her in a week) but the symptoms haven't returned. I've actually taken myself off of everything other than cold pills because I need to breathe. I wasn't taking any Rx other than the antibiotic (which I've finished), just an assortment of vitamins, but now it's just a cold pill. Amazingly enough, I'm not having knee issues (Glucosamine) or mood issues (Vit D3) or anything.

Still clogged, tho. ;)

I've come to an understanding about my personal path, mostly because it's smacked me upside the head a couple of times now. Whenever I make a decision with dollar signs in my eyes (that one agent, and agreeing to market SPORE to a "publisher" whose ethics make my skin crawl) it bites me in the butt. It's consistently a mistake, personally, professionally, and psychologically. So no more of that crap for me!

This weekend I plan on sewing, writing, and decluttering. That's it. I'd better get to it.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, everyone, and go hug your favorite Veteran! {{hugs}}


2 comments:

Jean said...

Hugs for Little Miss. So sad she doesn't look forward even a little to spending time with her dad.

Wendy said...

Wow, that's a profound thing to figure out. Kudos on that. I wish it worked that way for everyone, actually. Just do what's right and trust that everything will work out.

Post a Comment