Saturday, May 3, 2014

From Our House to (Y)Ours

This is looking to be a busy summer.  Alamo Heights is in Stage 3 water restrictions (have been since late last year), which means we can only water one day every other week.  Our day is Wednesday.  Thankfully, they approved a change in watering hours to a more humane 7-11am and 7-11pm.  This saves me from the 3am hell I was in last year. While I can only use a sprinkler one day a week, I can use soaker hoses any day of the week.  That's what I do.

In an effort to save some of the lawn, I'll be commuting every other week to San Antonio to run soaker hoses.  Mr. L will come with me (or drive separately, depending upon what is needed) to work on some other things.

I have a podiatry appointment for new orthotics at the end of the month.  X-rays on my knees and hip reveal nothing broken (I was reasonably certain of that) but some degeneration, which was expected. I doubt they'll schedule me for orthopedics.  Static week for the weight.  I lost the weight I gained last week. I'm fairly sure it's my body adjusting, but I am making an extra effort to stabilize in other ways, too.  I'm looking at a few areas of concern when I feel a strong urge to eat, but I'm not hungry.  I think adjusting when I eat lunch to a little later time may help as well as keeping more veggies in the house -- my supply has dwindled, and I seem to replaced it with less healthy options.  That's fixable.

It looks like I only remembered to run the timer for 3 hours and 45 minutes this week for writing work.  I hope I worked more than that, but that's what the timesheet says.  I did no work on PBOTL, but I did do significant work on The How To Write A Series Expansion (HTWAS-E), which feeds Kitty City.

I'm averaging just under seven hours of sleep per night. Mr. L's work involved setting up and periodically adjusting scaffolding this week (he was putting another coat of paint on the outer west wall of the living room).  I got the lawn mowed and a little watering done.  The Public Health volunteer training was interesting.  They desperately need volunteers, so I plan to sign up.  I forgot to take my paperwork in on Friday, so I'll do it when I get back to town. This is for people to respond in case of natural or man-made disasters.  For instance, if they need to do a mass-immunization to prevent an epidemic.  We had about twenty people at the training.  I don't know how many will volunteer.  This is something I have some experience with, so I can contribute, and when they do the telephone notification, if you can't make it, you indicate that on the response.

The Week Ahead:
  • We know one of our kitties has a urinary tract infection.  We don't know which one.  We strongly suspect one of the boys, and Pretty Boy Floyd is prime suspect.  Rather than piecemeal it, we're going to drop all three at Dr. Val's on our way to San Antonio.  She'll keep them and get urine samples to test.  Assuming at least one comes back positive, she'll send a culture off for evaluation to determine what treatment will work best and begin treating.  We'll pick them up when we come back to town at the end of the week.
  • Mr. L has a doctor appointment on Tuesday (the rescheduled one when they closed for the Fiesta parade and didn't bother to tell him), and it's also the last day of early voting in the local elections (City Council).  We won't be there on the 10th (election day), so we plan to hit up early voting.
  • I need to get as much water on the grass as I can on Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  It's supposed to rain on Thursday and Friday.  If I believe it would really happen, we wouldn't worry about watering, but so often we get the forecast and no rain comes.
  • I plan to get a couple more scenes done on PBOTL this week as well as more work for HTWAS-E.
  • We have some items to pick up from Home Depot/Lowe's, etc.
  • Mr. L wants to load the convertible onto the trailer to bring it back to Central Texas.  This is the final vehicle and last really big item that needs to get moved.  We don't have a space cleared for it yet, but we do have room to back the trailer into the shop.  That will work for now.

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Your posts always make me feel really unproductive. ;)

Glad you're busy, sorry everything's still dry, and I hope the orthotics and orthopedics help. Most everything else sounds good or likely to become a positive in the near future. {{hugs}}

I hope, too, that Floyd gets his peeing problem cleared up. {{more huggs}}

Jean said...

I'm trying to justify my existence. ;)

Post a Comment