Saturday, May 10, 2014

Living and Living Well

I have much to be thankful for.  I live well, and I'm grateful for that.  I find it too easy to get bogged down in petty things that aren't all that important.  I have a husband who does love me (even with odd ways of showing it), and I have a pretty decent family.  Like too many people, I tend to focus too easily on first world problems.

We arrived in San Antonio Monday afternoon after dropping the boys at the clinic to narrow down who had the urinary tract infection (turns out they all do!) to a brown, crunchy lawn.  I laid out the soaker hoses on the west side nearest the street (the part of the lawn that gets burned the most by the sun) in preparation for being able to turn them on at 7 pm.  By soaking Monday night, Tuesday and Thursday morning and evening, and Friday morning, and running the sprinkler morning and evening on Wednesday, we had some green back in the yard before I headed back to Central Texas on Friday.  I'll go back on the 19th to do it all over again.

We got early voting done for the city election.  I plan to do early voting for the primary runoff election when I go back.  Mr. L will decide if he will go sometime before then.  He could also decide to go the week after and vote on the actual day.

For one day, I reached my current weight loss goal (but the weight bounced back up a little).  It will take a little to stabilize at the lower weight, but that was exciting to be 90% of the woman I was at the beginning of the year -- even for a day.

I got about three hours of writing work done, including a scene for PBOTL.

Mooch is stopping and waiting for me to get his Fancy Feast ready now.  I can put the bowl down and push it to the edge of my reach and he will walk to the bowl and eat while I wait nearby and talk to him.  This afternoon, he wound up pushing the bowl as he ate, and he pushed it to within easy hand's reach of me (I decided not to try to touch him yet).

The Week Ahead:
  • Prepare to discuss with the appraisal district why the same things that have been adequate for agricultural use for the ranch no longer are adequate for them this year.
  • Take Sneaky in for her annual shots, see if there's a more specific treatment for the boys after find out what the lab says about their cultures, and see if there's an oral flea/tick/parasite treatment I can give Mooch in his Fancy Feast to help his overall health until I can catch him and bring him in.
  • Pick up winter coats from cleaners (I dropped them off a couple weeks ago and forgot about them!).
  • Usual decluttering efforts need to be redoubled.
  • Keep focus on eating mindfully.  I sense I'm slipping a little by being inattentive.  I've been expecting this, and I want to stay on course.
  • Oh, yes.  I need to get Stephen's writer group anthology.  I saw he released it this week, but I was out of range.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I had to laugh at your focus on 1st world problems. Eric said today he got annoyed because when he turns off his car, it switches the air vents from inside to outside. Poor dear! :-)

Great job on the weight loss! I've resigned myself to taking it one day at a time since there's no other way to do it.

Tammy Jones said...

Super congrats on the weight loss. Staying focused and mindful is vital, so simple, and yet often so tough to do. {{hugs}}

I agree w/ Wendy re: First World Problems. I think many of us look at our inconveniences more than our blessings sometimes.

{{hugs}} and have a great week, Jean!

Post a Comment