Monday, May 12, 2014

I did it again!

That's twice in a row I've gotten distracted from this blog.

Good Stuff:
- I got some stuff for the tiny balcony off our kitchen. Turns out it's just big enough for a small bistro table and two chairs, plus 5 14"flower pots. I got a few flowers to spruce it up and need a few more to fill up the last pot. Turns out, it makes a nice work space, and since it faces north, it should be shaded all summer.
- Watched a webinar with Susan May Warren and James Scott Bell about Bell's new book, "Write Your Book From The Middle." I bought the book, and it's a quick read. Totally worth the three bucks I spent to get it on Kindle. I've already applied the principles to Weeping Willow, and I think it's going to make a big difference.
- The cold has left our house.
- I found a group of writers that meets once a month at the library. They alternate between having free writing with prompts and speakers. The meeting this week was a writing one, and I'm happy with what I got. I'll be posting it on my blog Monday morning. I was just happy people showed up!
- We're all set to transfer our church membership. I have no idea how I would have gotten through the last few months without the people I've met there.

Not So Good Stuff:
- We met with our new trainer Saturday morning. (The old one quit when the gym wanted her to work more hours, but she already had three other jobs and no extra hours.) My BMI and weight are higher than I realized. It's not affecting my health yet, but it will if I continue my current ways. Eric is in the same boat, except his weight was lower than he thought it would be.
- My second (and final, for now) paid gig is next Saturday. My only concern is my voice because of my allergies. I sang tenor in church yesterday! I'm looking forward to it, though, and it's only a total of three sets, so it should be fine. If my voice gives out after, it doesn't matter.

This Week:
- Write.
- Pack.
- Clean the living room and kitchen. Try to get the bedroom closet better organized.
- Practice the stories I didn't tell at Tartan Day.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Lots of good things happening in CHITOWN. Middles have given you so much trouble -- I hope you find some solutions in this new approach.

Hurray for a new work space. It sounds divine.

Wendy said...

Middles have been my nemesis from the beginning.

Tammy Jones said...

Awesome, awesome, and awesome.

Not the voice and weight, but still AWESOME!!

So glad to hear you're (happily??) settling in. {{hugs}}

Enjoy your new church and writers group! Woot!!

Post a Comment