Sunday, May 25, 2014

One Foot After the Other

I want to be a responsible citizen, but I think I'd be a lot better off if I didn't try to stay informed on the issues.  It's far too depressing. 

Here's how the week went:
  •  I made it to San Antonio on Monday afternoon, and the yard looked green.  The rain we got during the week when I wasn't there sure helped.  
  • I got my prescribed watering completed (soaker hoses, sprinkler on Wednesday, and hand watering as needed).
  • I got the truck serviced (including the expensive "flushings" -- it had to be done, and I figured it would be best at the beginning of summer when the heat is hardest on the vehicular system), 
  • I found the new Taylor Anderson book for Mr. L smack dab in front of me when I went into Barnes and Noble. I had to sift through about five books until I found one without an RFID sticker in the middle of a page.  The checkout clerk assured me they come right off, but I'm leery of that. Ours was under the 20% sticker on the dust jacket -- what was so hard about that?
  • I printed and sifted through the 300 pages of wildlife management guidance and put together a draft plan I think we can do.
  • I finished Lesson 17 of How To Revise Your Novel (and the big revision work for PBOTL).   I can't help feeling I made certain aspects of the book worse.  I hope the next seven lessons will help me find those areas and do repairs.
  • I had picked up some dewormer medicine I could mix with Moose's Fancy Feast.  I prepared it for him yesterday.  He ate about half and walked away.  I preserved it in a Zip Lock for him and tried serving it to him today, and he looked at me like I was out of my mind.  Eventually, he sniffed it, but he walked away.  So much for that idea.  Sneaky won't eat it either.
  • While I was in San Antonio, Mr. L was scraping the vertical divider boards between the first and second floor of the living room wall.  On Saturday afternoon, we sanded and primered it just before a brief rain shower hit.  We were just finishing clean up with the first drips fell. Good timing there.
  •  
  • Mr. L cleared some space at the store and lined the trailer with the convertible up to the middle door and called me. I met him there, and we rolled the convertible off the trailer into the bay.  The convertible is now safely sitting in it's temporary shelter next to the Spitfire and the '46 Mercury 4-door.
  •  
For the Week Ahead:
  • Go to the Appraisal Office on Tuesday and present the Wildlife Management Plan -- assuming they will waive the requirement to notify them we're going under that by May 1 (I hope they will, they seemed to be hinting we needed to move in this direction)
  • Finish reading Lesson 18 of How To Revise Your Novel and plan the work
  • Do any necessary Central Texas yard work this week.
  • Once the appraisal matter is resolved, begin catching up on How To Write A Series Expansion work.
  • Get ready to return to San Antonio.  I'm getting good writing work done down there, so that's the bright spot in this summer's maintenance plan.  And Mr. L can get things done up here.  So far, it's a win-win.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Wildlife management plan submitted to the appraisal district. I think they're going to accept it -- the clerk sounded more optimistic than when I dropped off the original paperwork. Possible snags: I built the plan for one year. It's supposed to be a five year plan. I probably need to have the local parks and wildlife rep come out and walk the property with me to make suggestions. I'll need to call and arrange for a mutually agreeable time, probably soon just in case the appraiser wants more information. Then I'll be ready. My intention was to do what we can do this year, saying the minimum, and filing the annual report with an updated plan next year after we had this formally under way.

Tammy Jones said...

Glad you got your plan submitted and I hope they approve it.

I swear, Jean, your posts always make me feel both exhausted and lazy. {{hugs}} Sounds like ti was mostly a good week and I hope that you can repair PBoTL and get Moose to eat his meds.

The house is looking GOOD, btw, from what little I could see in the pic.

Many {{hugs}}

Jean said...

:( I'm sorry. I'm trying to convince myself I'm not a complete lazy, slug who never gets anything done. Maybe that's because I have so very much to do, but I feel as if all I do is sit around (and that's pretty much all I want to do).

Wendy said...

Right there with ya. I don't get nearly as much done as I did when I was working. On the plus side, you got some rain! In fact, rain in TX made the news here. ;-)

Post a Comment