Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back

I'm back and trying to get into the swing of things. Last weekend went really well. We had the expected pre-graduation drama and stress, but at the end of it all I managed not only to get through it without alcohol, I also did not gain weight. I was a little worried about the weight thing. Now it's a matter of dealing with a migraine today before I have to report for jury duty tomorrow.

Writing: I actually did get a little work done. I've been slogging through books the local library borrowed for me from outside the system, and I did a rough outline for Honor. I want to have the first draft done, and Hope edited before the ACFW conference in September, so I've got a fair amount of work to do. I'd really like to pitch Hope to an agent or two. Oh, and I need to start back to doing crits on the ACFW board. The rule is that you do three crits for each piece you submit, and I'd rather be ahead of the game when I start posting there. It would be great to be able to join a small crit group, but you start on the big one until you find the right people.

Clutter: No progress this week because of company here. Actually, if I stretch it a little, I can count the weeding Mom helped me with in the flower beds. We got a whole big leaf bag of weeds from three beds. I need to learn to enjoy yard work. It gets me out in the sunshine and it's good exercise. Any thoughts on how I can convince myself to like it?

Health: I'm down 15 pounds total and have 4 more to go until the first checkpoint. I have finally started finding clothes that are too big, and they go right to the donate box. I have at least 5 pounds to get into the skirt I want to wear to the ACFW banquet. (This is not obsessive long-range planning; it was too tight to wear last year so I tried it on to check progress. I think it will be a nice contrast to Eric's kilt.) Besides the weight, I've been having more migraines, but that's normal for this time of year. Keeping up with allergy meds is half the battle.

Misc: Um, yeah. I think that's about it. My focus is a little narrow at the moment--jury duty and research. Having trouble with the big picture today, but if I come up with anything else I'll come back and amend this.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like you're nailing everything.

Avoiding the alcohol probably helped keep the weight from creeping up, so you got a double win.

Given the timeline until ACFW, I think you have a better than average shot of wearing that skirt this year. As for the yard work, do it in short spurts (7-15 minutes at a time) and rotate the tasks. For me, I like almost all but the weedeating, and I'm finding ways to reduce how much of that I have to do.

Jury duty and research sounds appropriate. Have a great week. I hope you can find ways to reduce the migraines.

I think the bag of weeds from the beds sounds like a great reduction in clutter. Way to go.

Tammy Jones said...

Hang in there. I think you're doing great!

I'll have to try Jean's yard work tips, too. I avoid being outside - between my super pale skin, Rosacea, and general repulsion against dirty hands, I don't do much yard work. lol

But, like I said, I think you're doing great. Many, many {{huggs}}

Jean said...

Gloves, Tammy. I don't like dirty hand either, so I wear work gloves.

Post a Comment