Monday, May 30, 2011

tambometrics

Thought I'd better do my weekly check in.

Writing
Nothing's changed. Still no news, or new words of fiction. I simply don't have energy and opportunity coexisting in the same space/time continuum. 

Life
No new pregnancy drama, so that's good. My mood's been kinda meh, mostly because I'm mentally and physically exhausted. Spent some time hanging out with quilting gals (Deb and Tanya) and talking. It helped.

We're back to having no idea what's gonna happen with Bill's job. The postal center he wanted to relocate to doesn't have any openings and there are more and more and MORE places marked for closing. Workers are guaranteed jobs - somewhere - but even on the east coast they're having to just come in and sit for 8 hours because there are no openings anywhere to transfer to. It's all really scary.

House
Drywall work is done and we bought bathroom paint yesterday. Today, Bill's cutting granite tile and it's looking gorgeous. Both of the living rooms are spit-polished and cleared out. Working on finishing the kitchen and entryway scrub-down today.

Health
Down another pound or so. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection - my right eye, ear, jaw, teeth, cheek, and forehead all hurt. Been trying to be super diligent about taking my sinus meds and things. It seems to be helping. If I can't shake it on my own, I'll suck it up and go to the doctor. Dammit.

Everything Else
House is looking really good. Wish our moods were looking good as well. Mostly, though, everything's okay, just worried about the job and where we'll be in 3 to 6 months. :/

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hang in there. Job relocation is a road with a lot of hills and valleys, and right now you're in a valley. Hopefully you'll get to the top of a hill soon so you can look around and get the lay of the land.

FWIW, I have knocked out sinus and ear infections with grapefruit seed extract. It's bitter and vile, but if you mix it in a little glass of OJ, stir it up really well, and chug it, you barely taste it.

Tammy Jones said...

Thanks, Wendy! I'll give that a try! {{huggs}}

Jean said...

Bitter and vile? It'll prepare you for that stuff you have to drink before your colonoscopy when you're fifty. :)

Hugs. Sounds like you're coping as best you can. Hang in there.

SBB said...

Tammy, sorry things remain so uncertain. Hang in there. Keep moving forward. Or at least keep moving.

I have to keep moving, or I'm afraid someone will come up on my body and try to bury me! I wouldn't like that. Again.

Post a Comment