Monday, May 30, 2011

Bad Plan Day

These last two days have been terrible for me WW Plan-wise.  The mental hunger got the best of me tonight.  I resisted pretty well yesterday -- it was the first day I really used my "What I didn't eat today" task in Things.  I took Millie for a walk in the early evening, and that took me past 8:00 pm, which, I have a Health Month Rule not to eat after, and I'm amazingly good about sticking to that one.

But today was another day, and it did not go well.  I used up all my daily points and finished off my weekly points as well.  I've earned 12 activity points so far this week but only have five left.  Wendy knows that translates to me burning through a lot of points already, since Saturday is the day my points reset.

This isn't necessarily a crisis -- If I am careful for the rest of the week, I can still come out staying on plan.  The Mouth Trap talks about having one day per week that's a Free Reign Day where you eat whatever you want.  I'm going to chalk this day up to that, and if I can recover and go back on plan for this week, I'll be fine.  If these mental cravings persist (I'm not physically hungry; it's a mental thing.), this isn't going to be a good week.

I do need to make a run to the grocery store tomorrow and do a fresh fruit and veggie restock -- I'm out of apples and peppers, but I do have carrots, celery, and onion.  OK.  Deep breath.  I forgot about the carrots and celery.  Whew. 

That's the good news.  I haven't BLOWN IT.  I took a detour.  I get more points tomorrow for the day.  I have some more exercise to do this week.  I can be ok.

Millie likes her walks; she wouldn't mind a bit if I took her every day this week, but she'd probably prefer to go in the morning when the streets are cooler.  I have to walk the yard for weeds.  I have to walk Dazzle around the yard (we look for sticker burs at the same time as she walks -- Dazzle helps).  I need to shred sticks sometime this week.  I need to mow the lawn (that's riding mower -- not much exercise there).

Yeah.  I think this will work.

7 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

You can totally do this, Jean! It's just one day, one batch of slips. Get your good-eating feet back beneath you and move on. {{huggs}}

SBB said...

Jean, you will do great. You will overcome. You're never defeated until you stop trying. If you need any more motivation, let me know. I have this book ... :)

You sound like you're doing great. So one day you slipped a bit; you'll be back on track tomorrow.

Jean said...

Thank you. After all that, I was still down a pound this morning. That must mean I've managed to kick my metabolism into overdrive, which is a good thing. I think. Unless it means something bad.

Stephen, it's good to see you here. We've been worried about you -- from the other comment, I have to wonder if that getting buried was recent, and it just took you a little while to dig out?

But on a more serious note, I suspect it may mean you feel as if you don't have anything to report or that maybe you've been having a tough time (OK, we know you're having some tough times lately). You probably don't want to bleed it all over this nice beige background or get any on the bookshelf behind us. I did think I saw a note that you're writing again -- real writing and not just blog posts, so I'll take that as a positive and send you a great big, HURRAY! As for whatever is troubling you, know we are praying for the strength and perseverance to bring you through to the good side of whatever place you're at.

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean. You're mostly right on why I haven't been here, but I might a bit lazy, too. :)

Wendy said...

Don't sweat it, Jean. It's actually kind of funny that you posted this about this week because I had a couple of hungry days Sunday and Monday, and fruit was not doing the job. I used a few extra points, and I've made them up with exercise. I've done this long enough to figure that on the hungry days, my metabolism is adjusting. If not, that's the story I'm sticking to! Really, even if you gain a little, it's not the end of the world. If you keep on keeping on, it will work out.

Jean said...

Stephen, I wouldn't call it lazy, but you know yourself. It sounds like you're still dealing with several health issues that can really get you down.

Wendy, I think you're right about the hungry days relating to the metabolism adjusting, which mine appears to have been doing on Sunday and Monday. And, amazingly, I didn't gain any (but I'm afraid I will, so I'm trying to be vigilant).

My experience in the past has been that when I'm in the "zone," weight loss is easy, and it's been relatively easy this last three months. That makes me very nervous, because, again, in the past, when I lose the bubble of easy, I've been a long time getting it back. I want to stay on the glidepath and keep coming in for this landing. Nice and easy. Not a lot of turbulence. I don't want to take it for granted, and I don't want to blow off a bad couple of days (on the other hand, I don't want to let them throw me off track, either).

The idea is to learn this balance that keeps my weight within parameters my doctor and I deem healthy (I should hear what he has to say on this next week). I've been pleased that I'm not hungry all the time. I feel like I'm approaching a place where it's possible for me to "forget to eat." I'm not there yet, but I can see how it might be possible.

SBB said...

I had a very hungry day. I was ravenous all day. And fell off my diet with a resounding thump. I'll do better tomorrow. Need to get me some veggie snacks back in the house. Give my mouth something to chew on besides sweets.

Post a Comment