Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 21

We're 21 weeks into 2011 and closing in on Memorial Day.  Here's what's been going on:

Polar Bear on the Loose (Revision, using How To Revise Your Novel):   I am still working on Lesson 10 -- the Monastery.  This is where, after looking through the manuscript several times looking for problems in the previous nine lessons, I sit down with blank paper and write a fresh line for each scene from just what I have in my head.  I've worked on it for six days this week.  Good thing we don't have to worry about scene order -- I've been adding a few I realized were needed earlier in the story today.

750words.com: I've written at least my 750 words each day and have a  current streak of 348 days.  For the month, I've logged 21,745 words this month. FYI, 316,592 words on the site since I began.

Internet Responsibilities:
- I blogged this week


Pets:
- They're all doing fine.

- Lady is driving me bonkers with her exuberance, but she's always been the kitten to push the envelope. 
(They're both chasing after a fly, which has gotten between the sheers and the window, which means they're grabbing the sheers -- purposely purchased cheaply because we had the kittens, so it's not unexpected -- as they attempt to capture the fly.)

Property:
- Mostly just around the house stuff.  I've trudged through a few things on my to do list, so I'm not quite as bad as I feel like I've been
.  It may be the Benadryl I've been taking to keep the itching down on whatever this contact dermatitis is from.  I'm not burning up the to do list, though.

Health:
- I've gotten five days of various workouts in this week -- mostly walking the dog and digging sticker burs in the yard.
- I am at 29.4 pounds lost on the WW program.  Lost my pound for the week.
- I realized I needed to reset the weight on my pedometer settings to twenty pounds less this week, which was kind of fun!
- I'm also thinking I need to unbox my XL T-shirts and put away some of the 2XLs (I think I'm at the in between stage right now, where it will depend upon how the T-shirt is sized within the size as to whether it will fit or not).
- I added 13.64 miles to Walk Across Texas -- a really low week (which probably reflects the sluggish way I've felt).

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you're on track except for one thing. Don't put away the 2XL shirts. Give them away. If they're too big, you won't be needing them unless you want to keep a couple around for messy jobs until the XLs are too big.

Jean said...

I stand corrected. The 2XLs will be leaving the house in some fashion -- or they'll be work/messy job shirts until even the XLs are too large (it would be cool to be able to wear my L T-shirt collection again).

SBB said...

Wow, Jean. You always impress me with your energy. I hope that when my health improves and I get my exercise level up, I'll be as active as you.

I know you feel you've dropped off a bit, but trust me, from this perspective, you're looking good!

Post a Comment