Sunday, May 8, 2011

Popping in

Here I am! A little later than usual, but I've been loafing today.

Writing: Not much. I've started character development on Honor, and I was very excited to find that the National Library of Scotland sells reproduction 18th Century maps. I ordered 2 in digital form, which I will likely print and tape to the book case next to my desk. Or maybe I'll clear the desk off and put them under the glass. That would be incentive to keep it cleared off. Anyway, that's all I did for writing.

Clutter: There is a little less. I got a lot of cleaning done last week, and yesterday Eric helped me knock out the two areas I'd designated for tactical nukes, thus saving our home and possibly our neighbors', too. He has a month break from classes, so I'm going to get him to help me downsize as much as possible. Wouldn't want him to get bored.

Health: I lost 1 1/2 lbs last week, so I'm back on track. The goal this week is to stockpile a bunch of activity points because Vicky has chosen to have dinner at Olive Garden next weekend after graduation. Hopefully, lots of activity points will minimize the damage.

Misc: Prepping for a busy weekend. I'm bringing Alex home for the summer on Thursday. My parents get in Friday, and Vicky graduates Saturday. Sunday there's church, and I'm singing Sunday night at another church with part of our praise band. Parents are planning to be here until Wednesday. That's what is pretty much dominating my life at the moment. I do have a stack of library books on my desk for research, and character development has been a welcome break. My house is finally starting to look like I want it to, though.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Congratulations on so many fronts! I knew the weight loss would come together. Good idea on the activity points.

Hurray for getting things in place for all the company -- and for sparing the house and the neighbors that tactical nuke strike. Neighborhoods aren't very tolerant of such things.

Have a wonderful time while you celebrate Vicky's graduation, and I extend my heartfelt congratulations, too.

Tammy Jones said...

That all sounds really awesome, Wendy! Congrats, and congrats to Vicky too! {{huggs}}

Post a Comment