Sunday, May 8, 2011

Not Gonna' Let It Bother Me

Having the WW site tell me two weeks in a row that I was losing weight too fast, and maybe I should make sure I'm eating all my points or maybe there's a problem and I should see my doctor has bothered me.  It's bothered me, because I know from long experience that weight loss is mental, and when my mental state is correct and flowing, weight loss comes easily and effortlessly.  I'm happy, thankful, and feel good about myself.

That one message has endangered that.  That ticks me off, but I think I can stop the slide (for lunch today I had 2 ounces of deluxe mixed nuts, a can of Pepsi Max, and eight (count 'em 8) WW Mini Bars (an assortment).  This classifies as a binge.  Almost like my mind is trying to convince my body that it shouldn't be losing weight.

Balderdash!  I'm on a nice glidepath.  I'm eating all my  daily points, all my weekly points, and even some of my activity points.  And the metabolism has been burning it up.  BUT.  I know from looking at my trends that after this last two weeks, I'll probably have about three weeks of stall -- what I call adjustment -- where my body adjusts to the new lower weight before it chews up some more.  I feel good.  I'm eating mostly well.  There is no reason to change anything now -- I think the rate of loss is acceptable.  If it hasn't slowed by by next March or it accelerates, I'll worry.  I see my Doctor next month for my semi-annual checkup.  If he's concerned, I'll re-evaluate, but this is something he suggested I do.

I'm going to put this noon's aberration behind me, consider today a Free Reign Day (from Mouth Trap), and resume my normally scheduled program.  Since I'm going to really blow points today (hubby will be making steaks, baked potatoes, spinach, shrimp cocktail, and wine for dinner tonight), I'm going to make sure I earn some extra activity points this week to compensate.

And I'm not going to let a machine derail my efforts.

2 comments:

tambo said...

Go, Jean, go!! You've been doing so much physical work - and watching what you eat - I'd be thankful that you're ahead of the curve, so to speak, because a plateau will come.

Keep it up! I think you're doing awesome! {{huggs}}

Wendy said...

You are doing an awesome job! Don't put too much stock in what the site says. Everyone is different, and it's not like you're losing five pounds a week, every week, for months and months. You lose a bunch, and then you plateau for a couple weeks. It's how your body works. As long as you feel good, you're eating all your daily points and your diet is healthy (as opposed to eating pizza once a day), don't sweat it.

Post a Comment