Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20 tambometrics


Last week I was hoping for a lull. There has been no lull. ;)

Writing
Still no word on M from any of the three publishers, but I'm okay with that. I sent a signed copy of Ghosts out to a fan and, despite this crazy week, managed to get a bit over 1,000 words on Stain. That's it, though. Just the one night of writing.

Got my agent's Christmas gift ordered and set to ship. I send essentially the same thing every year the past 3 or 4 years, but I almost always get super sweet thank you emails from other people and agents in his office, since he shares, and I think that's pretty dang awesome. :) Also, the receptionist knowing who I am when I call is pretty cool too. ;)

Sewing
Finished the quilt for Katie's baby shower - it turned out super cute - and have been working on a round-robin project from my quilt guild. It, too, is super cute, but finding black batting in the rural nowhere was HARD. Took me waaaaay too long, but it's finally here, and the quilt's stretched and basted. Should get it finished by next weekend. :)

Life
Crazy busy insane, but what else is new? ;) Between Thanksgiving coming up, being a one car household with three drivers (Bill's truck blew the transmission last Sunday. Let's all wave a sad buh-bye to our Christmas Budget and part of the Emergency Fund), and all the other no big deal yet 'must do it right NOW!!' life-stuff that keeps popping up, it's a wonder I haven't lost my mind. At least I don't think I have. I could have sworn I'd put it in the kitchen junk drawer, but know I've lost my summer issue of Quilts and More, so maybe my brain wandered off to find it. Or my quilt tool caddy that's also missing. Likely still in a box I haven't unpacked yet.

Let's just hope the brain's in the junk drawer with the plant spikes and twisty ties. ;)

Bill's been carrying mail. A LOT. He's been carrying in several small towns in the NW Iowa region and, after Thanksgiving, is supposed to be 'detailed' to a particular little town for 6 weeks. At least it'll be something definite. For a while. He's taking the Area Maintenance Exam soon, and if he passes that (which he will), it'll be one more job he can do, maybe even up here since there's an opening in Alton. Least I *think* he said Alton. Maybe it was Alta or Albert City or Algona. Heck, something with an A. Maybe. Or an E. I think.

Emmetsburg?  Estherville? Shit. I don't remember for sure. Somewhere up here.

I better go rifle through that junk drawer. ;)

House
Have sorted through and disbursed about half of the pile-o'-crap in my sewing room. Which leaves about half to go. I usually listen to the iPod while working in there, regardless of the project (sewing, writing, whatever), but my iPod is a first generation Nano and it's been recalled by Apple. Apparently some of the batteries catch fire, so I'm not supposed to use it anymore, but once I send it in to Apple, they're going to replace it with a refurbished or new Nano. For FREE. Which is freaking awesome. :)

The house is looking pretty good, overall, but Goz is shedding like mad again - dang seasonal changes!!! - so it seems like I spend half of my time sweeping up dog hair. Yay. Thank goodness for my dustmop. It's really been getting a workout.

Health
Exercised a few times, not as much as I should, because of life business and the super-joyful-fun-time of breaking a blood vessel in my right eye. Everything on that side is kinda cloudy/murky (like looking through a dirty drinking glass) and speckled with teeeeeeeensy, swirling gray and black snow (the blood cells floating around inside of my eye). Eye doc promises it's not a big deal (but it must be watched, so more appointments to add to the already wacky schedule) and it'll clear up in about 6 weeks, ish, but until then everything is super blurry and it's been giving me a headache. Also driving at night SUCKS. Headlights hit my right eye and WHOOSH!!! Every thing in that eye is a Big. White. Speckled. Smear.

Totally sucky.

I'm down another pound or so. At least I was yesterday, didn't weigh in today, but it was about 1/2 lb below my previous low, so that's good. :) I just kinda eat what I want, when I feel like it, but quit when I feel full and don't eat bread or artificial stuff, especially diet pop. So far, pretty dang easy. :) And I'm taking a fist full of vitamins every day via doctor's orders. Bleh. I hate pills.

Everything Else
Been enjoying my 'fluffy sock' collection for padding around the house when I'm at home. Bill and the kid laugh at me because I do enjoy, well, big fluffy socks when the weather's chilly. Especially my navy blue ones with white and gray snowflakes. I think they're cool. As in neato. Because actually they're WARM. ;)

Peanut got spayed on Tuesday and she barely even noticed. Go Nutty!!

Since I don't have enough plates and things for the crowd we're expecting this week, I went out and bought some new dishes. Just a 4 person set of Corelle that coordinates with my existing stuff, but still. How cool is that? I haven't got new dishes in at least a decade. 

Weird the things that make me smile. ;)  

Have a happy week, everyone! And a grand Turkey Day!!  {{huggs}}

5 comments:

Jean said...

{{{hugs}}} I'm so glad Bill's getting stuff to keep him from going bonkers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

SBB said...

Wow, Tammy! Your week is definitely the opposite of a lull!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tammy Jones said...

Oh! I totally forgot to mention that we were supposed to close on the house this coming Tuesday but when I called this past *Thursday* to confirm the time for final signing, I was told that the appraiser lost the paperwork and hasn't rescheduled an appraisal yet because of the pending holiday, so, um... we're still in pseudo-limbo and the house can't close until that's done, which is one more financial ARGH!!, especially after having to spend so much on the truck.

Whee!

But it'll all be okay once the appraisal comes in. Correctly. We've been assured it's the only hold up. So, soon, that too will be DONE and we can get on with other things! Woot!

Wendy said...

I'll bet the funky vision makes sewing a ton of fun, too, huh? Sounds like a pain. I hope it clears up soon.

Man, it would be great if Bill could work close to where you are. I'm glad to hear he's at least got something to keep him out of trouble through the holidays. I'm sure they can use all the mail carriers they can get this time of year.

Boo on the mortgage. Not cool. Really not cool. Ditto the truck.

Overall, though, it sounds like a decent week. I hope it keeps up for you.

Tammy Jones said...

Wendy, nowhere they've had him carry mail is close. The place they're sending him to is 36 miles away and he'll have to drive our vehicle there, do an 8 hour walk route, then drive home. At least it'll be overtime and mileage, but still, that's a really long day, especially in winter. I'm very worried about him staying warm and not getting sick.

They're very, VERY short of mail carriers up here because the ones they have are retiring and younger people don't seem to be as inclined to walk all day, carrying a load of mail, in all kinds of weather. But there's also a hiring freeze as the post office restructures itself... we still have no idea where he'll end up permanently. Hopefully something will pop up soon.

Post a Comment