Monday, November 14, 2011

Pausing to catch my breath

It's been a busy couple of days. Eric and I made a quick run to MI to check on my parents. Everyone seemed to be behaving, but DANG that's a long trip to make over a long weekend. 580 miles in one day isn't as much fun as you might think.

Writing: I left town a couple hundred words in the black and had already figured in the weekend off, so I'm in good shape. The story is coming along nicely despite my research goof up. Note to me: Journalists and historians go by the 3-source rule for a reason.

Clutter: Same. I WILL be working on that this week. We've decided we need to start taking steps now to downsize, so I'll be going through things and donating what I don't want to pay to move. Wherever and whenever that happens. Not anytime soon. We'd like to wait until the housing market rebounds. And no, Tammy, I'm sorry, but Iowa is not on the short list.

Health: I didn't count points while we were away, so I gained a couple of pounds. Not a big deal. The daily vitamin C and D seem to be helping my overall attitude and productivity.

Misc: Trying not to be overwhelmed by the fact that I have company coming on Saturday for Thanksgiving. I really am looking forward to seeing them, and my stress level is lower for having gotten away from the book for a couple of days. My mental list is as much about pride as anything, truth be told. I want things to be a certain way, even when I know our friends won't give a hoot and may not even notice. They've known us for years and have seen our house at its worst, sometimes for weeks at a time. I still want things to be nice when they come.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I understand the desire to have things in order, though. Strike a balance that will allow you to enjoy your time with the guys.

Post a Comment