Saturday, March 17, 2012

Coasting

Not a bad week. Not a stellar week.  Just cruising along.  It's warm and humid here.  We're expecting rain next week, and I hope we get it.

The Good Stuff:

- Ummmm. I got the lawn mowed and some trimming done.
- I worked on PBOTL
- If you need timeline software for a Mac (which also syncs with Scrivener), give Aeon Timeline a look.  For the next month or so, it's still in beta, so it's free, but the commercial release is due by the end of April at less than $50 a copy.  For fantasy writers, you can customize the calendar for your stuff.  If for some reason, it glitches the first time you open it and it doesn't work, close it, open it again, and it should be fine.  I'm entering PBOTL index cards into it now and figuring out nuances.
- I got the bookshelf and books moved upstairs.
- I charged the riding mower battery and installed it
- I wasn't sleeping one night, so I put on iTunes and brainstormed some ideas for the train project.  Working title:  ROAD TRIP.
- Had I mentioned an unintended side effect of the prednisone treatment for my rash is a significant reduction in joint pain levels?  Heavenly.  I can actually walk up and down stairs normally and not like a toddler this week.  But the meds are tapering down, and this is only temporary.


The Not So Good:

- I didn't do any Wii or recumbent biking.  I did trudge behind a lawn mower most days this week for a couple of hours.  I'm okay with that.
- The riding mower isn't running properly, which is why I trudged behind a lawn mower for most of the week.  I suspect the gas that's been sitting in containers around here all winter in "too old." So I'll feed it into the Navigator a little at a time and take the empty containers to the gas station and get fresh gas.  Then, I'll drain the gas from the lawn mower and put in fresh.  Hopefully, that will make it peppier.
- I gained two pounds this week.  It's me.  I'm not doing points.  I'm not paying attention to points.  I don't have a good attitude about points.  I don't have a good attitude.  This is normal for this phase of weight loss.  I will find a way to get through it.  (Or could I blame it on prednisone?  No.  I'm not going there, because I don't really believe that.)


Not sure how to categorize:  Amtrak changed the schedule on our departure leg of the Grand Tour.  Strangely, we think it may work out a little better.  Instead of departing San Antonio at 5:30 am, we'll be departing at 2:30 am.  Oddly, we think it may be less disruptive of our sleep for that than the later departure time.  I read about the change on Twitter earlier in the week.  Amtrak made an automated call yesterday informing us of the change.

For Next Week:

- Hubby comes to town on Monday.  I'm looking forward to it, but we'll need to reintegrate with one another again.  That can be a challenge.  Mostly, in setting up menus.
- To try to keep life smoother next week, I guess I should build a menu to keep us from having the "What's for dinner?" discussion.  We still have it, but it's a lot easier when I can say, "I have this planned." And when I get a less than enthusiastic answer, it's a much easier discussion when I can say, "But if you prefer, we can have this or this or this."
- I also need to make sure hubby's favorites are in the house and available to him when he gets here on Monday.  I let that slip on his last trip up here, and he felt unloved and uncared for.  Definitely not the case, but I dropped the ball on that one.
- Keep going on yard work.  This is a key time of year, and I may be a little behind where I should be at the moment.
- Keep working on PBOTL
- Read
- Do more development on ROAD TRIP
- Increase water intake for the added work and summer heat (which may also serve to reduce my pop intake, encouraging less snacking)

3 comments:

SBB said...

Sounds like a good week overall. And I can see how the train schedule change would work better. It's often easier to stay awake than to go to bed and have to get up to leave early. Where does the Grand Tour launch? We expect photos and postcards and communications of all sorts! We would be unhappy to not have Jean updates, so don't let that happen.

Wendy said...

I know you're looking forward to the trip. I hope the writing retreat facet works out for you.

The "what's for dinner" discussion is my least favorite! Sometimes I wish he'd just tell me what he wants instead of trying to be amenable to what I want. He doesn't get that if I really want something, I'll just make it. If I'm asking, I don't know what I want.

Jean said...

Stephen, the Grand Tour launches from San Antonio in near-mid-May. It also concludes there at the end of the month. Between there, we'll be stopping in LA, San Diego, Seattle, Sand Point, ID (to meet the incomparable Valerie Comer), Chicago, Eastern Iowa (for Antique Archaeology, and outside Madison, WI (spend a weekend with my folks). I plan to make some blog entries as well as take many pictures.

I sense hubby wants to accommodate my interests but only if they coincide with his. That's why I would prefer he just say I want this or this. I've attempted to turn that around to make it easier for him to do that, but it takes planning. The only time I feel I can make something I want without consulting him (unless I'm making a known favorite of his) is when I'm by myself. He's that finicky. (I realize his impression of this discussion is likely to be completely different from mine.)

Post a Comment